Anyone else feel the same as me about dating?

Options
13»

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    my MFP friends wanted to use me as an experience and have me go out with 3 guys to one dinner and have them "fight" it out to see who won the date. I thought it was funny, but I'm somehow certain the guys would not have thought so as much. lol
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, I told my boyfriend when we're through I'm through. Dating sucks.
  • QueenGyn
    QueenGyn Posts: 106
    Options
    Why date? Just bang.

And life will be less complicated. :grumble:
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    brilliant writing. loved it.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I'm not interested in dating personally.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I never dated. I never went anywhere looking for a gilr that I wanted to spend my life with or such. I hung out with a lot of girls that I liked, usually doing some type of sport activity or such. Eventually, the few I found really interesting and that showed any interest in me, we would go out for more of a formal "date".
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Alright, so first off, that cat gif was just the best!

I read your post with a big smile on my face. So true, and you didn't even cover how you managed to GET the date in the first place!! I have not been on a date for a couple of years (single mum syndrome) and have stated to my girlfriends that I will date again in 2018 when my DD has left school and hopefully I will have some free time. So I've got 4.5 years to build up my anxiety level to such a state that I'll probably be in a panic and wont even be able to go on the date!! *wiping sweat off my brow already*

I was asked on 2 dates last week and after some convincing, finally agreed to one of them for a coffee/lunch (rather than the dreaded dinner) and I'm sure I'll be going through exactly that scenario in my head...

... add... "is he going to ask me out again, what if he does, what if he doesn't, does he think I'm fat, OMG why did I wear this outfit, I should have worn the skirt and boots, am I too dressed up, is he coming back from the mens room, has he done a runner, should I offer to pay...
  • What316
    What316 Posts: 563
    Options
    Or as its called in Ireland holding in farts ing not dating
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Thanks for giving me something to look forward to :/