WHAT SHOULD I DO TO CHANGE MY APPLE SHAPE?

Options
My problem is that I am skinny fat. I am a small apple. At 5'1, I'm 120 pounds and a size 4-5 in JUNIORS.

For my short stature, what is a recommended weight? I don't want to be waif thin. I'd like to keep some curves.

Problem areas: waist and thighs. I'd like to have a smaller waist line and more toned thighs. I have some cellulite on my tummy as well as on the back of my thighs. I have NO *kitten* the weight goes to my thighs but not my butt. I have what I like to call an *kitten* leg. When your thigh goes straight into your butt. Also, as small as I am my stomach sticks out further than my boobs and butt. HELP!

I've circled the problem areas in the picture.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/prettyeyes1123/apple_zpsfb089659.jpg

So the general question is... how much weight should I lose and what excercises can I do to fix my problem? I want to work out just don't know how to work out for my body type.

Replies

• bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    i see an *kitten* and a waist...girl u look fine the way u r but lose 10 pounds and workout and ull def have an hourglass shape. Many time apples are just fat hourglasses
  • moontyrant
    moontyrant Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i don't understand your apple shape statement. you are clearly human-shaped, with arms and legs and everything.
    i suggest strength training to help get toned. crunches, push-ups and dips are all free and can be done just about any time, anywhere. good luck!
  • jstefanir
    jstefanir Posts: 17
    Options
    Well I would prefer a workout regime that has worked for someone else because obviously i want something that works. Especially cellulite. It ruins everything!
  • jstefanir
    jstefanir Posts: 17
    Options
    What I mean by apple shaped is having a rounded waistline. I look puffy.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Strength training will change your body composition so you looked "toned". Your goal should be to lose body fat, not so much about what your scale says.

You could look into "heavy lifting". Two popular programs are: New Rules Of Lifting For Women (NROLFW)-a book, and StrongLifts5x5 (free pdf online). Depending on your access to a gym, or home equipment, there are many different things you can do to strength train.
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You're not in nearly a drastic predicament as you claim to be.

Do you lift weights? If not, it's time to start.

Trying a solid weight training program (NROLFW was suggested and it's a great program) for 2-3 months and eat at a small caloric deficit ...... I'm pretty sure you'll like the results