Lower belly or ribcage?

Options
pinktiger8
pinktiger8 Posts: 130
I can't choose between lower belly or ribcage for a tattoo. If lower belly, I'll have the sentence horizontal. If ribcage, I'll have it vertical. Like if the person is kinda square and nerdy and unnassuming to have a tattoo but you somehow discover they have a tattoo, where would be the sexiest spot?

Replies

• sewingdiscontent
    Options
    I vote ribcage. I always think that horizontal lower belly tats chop the person in half, visually.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Ribcage will definitely hurt more but should age a lot better than lower belly :smile:

I like small lower back tattoos (yes, I know what they're called :blushing: ) on women. I usually find secret piercings sexier, but that's just my milieux and probably due to the fact that I have some myself so I'm "in the club" lol :drinker:
  • sarahtonin015
    sarahtonin015 Posts: 193
    Options
    Do you ever plan on having kids? If so, ribcage would be safer, as 9 times out of 10, getting pregnant will permanently stretch part of the lower belly tattoo. In terms of pain, both are painful for their own reasons, although the lower belly could arguably be more so because it's considered over a "ticklish spot", which is more painful than tattooing over ribs or bone (though those are still painful). Imagine trying to draw something on a piece of paper, with the paper being on a pillow; compared to drawing something when the paper is sitting on a hard surface, like a table. Both can look nice, though. I have a rib tattoo and it's one of my top favourites, so I vote for that :)