supplements and vitamins

Morning all,
I've noticed alot of you take supplements and vitamins on a daily basis, I thought if you want, share with us what you take and what it does for you??

Ta muchely!!x

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    High strength Vitamin C and a men's multi every morning for general health. I know the benefits may be overplayed but I don't see the harm and it doesn't work out that expensive.

I also take magnesium in the evening to aid sleep and relaxation. As does red wine ...
  • WhaddoWino
    WhaddoWino Posts: 146 Member
    I am over 40... I take a Triple Joint Support (Glucosamine, Chondroitin & MSM) for joint wear/stiffness, High Potency Fish Oil, CLA (Tonalin), and sublingual B-Complex.
  • jitzo1
    jitzo1 Posts: 1 Member
    HI I take a multitude of vitamins, as I am trying to loose weight by high levels of exercise, name gym work, I need to repair broken down muscle fibres quickly. I also need to restore levels of energy very quickly, which isn't happening due to me reduced food in take.
    I currently use BCAA, Creatine and clas.
  • lauramur
    lauramur Posts: 4 Member
    I take fish oils when I don't have any oil in a day. I find fish oils noticeably benefit my skin and joints. They are also good for memory and brain function but I think that's a hard one to measure.

I also take b-complex which I find great for energy and overall health.

I take amino acids. They are based on the new philosophy that addictions are caused by an imbalance in neurotransmitters with which amino acids can re-balance. You only need to take them for a couple of months and you are generally 're-set'. I have taken just one course (a month) and I feel I don't need them anymore. I am still of caffeinated tea and eat significantly less sugar than I used to. I can also now just eat a little sugar and not the WHOLE tub/bar etc. I can now be 'normal' around sugar instead of like a crazed addict.

I started taking this when I went off caffeine and processed sugar. I used Patrick Holford's 'How to quit without feeling *kitten*' book to go off caffeine and sugar. He recommends certain amino acids to support this. I found L-Glutamine great for sugar cravings. I have also recently found this book and find it good too: http://www.foodrenegade.com/how-beat-sugar-cravings-glutamine/

I also take chromium when I am having bad sugar cravings- they are handy to have in my bag. If I have been at a party or an outing and eaten more sugar than normal I will take a few of these for 2-3 days afterward to re-balance my blood sugars.

Blood tests had shown that I was low in Iodine and magnesium after my pregnancy so naturally I took these supplements for about a month after.

I have found CLA to be briliant in the past but haven't been buying it lately as it's expensive. I thought I'd just lose weight slower with exercise and diet- but it is the best of all those 'weight-loss' capsules.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    I just take a whey protein that has a few carbs in to replenish glycogen levels, it has some creatine in it as well.. I'm talking about ON Hydro Builder, great supplement..
    I also take a simple multi vitamin and mineral vegicap (all vit+m) just in case I miss any of my micro nutrient needs throughout the day
  • jakkisr
    jakkisr Posts: 175 Member
    I take evening primrose oil and a women's multivitamin - definitely helps with my time of the month or, more precisely, is of great benefit to my family at my time of the month haha! No mood swings when I take these :) also makes sure I'm getting the nutrients I need peri menopause (I'm aiming to manage it all naturally)