underwear issues ???

Options
Lietee31
Lietee31 Posts: 86 Member
Is it just me or do all ladies have issues with underwear shifting everywhere while exercising? I swear I spend more time adjusting my panties then working out. Anyone hsve solutions ? Ive tried few types went loosr n tight ect.

Replies

• kimbly71
    kimbly71 Posts: 188
    Options
    I made the switch to thongs many years ago. If you have never tried them, it may take a day or two to adjust. But it definitely solved the problem for me. :)
  • maecrocker
    maecrocker Posts: 56
    Options
    My sister swears by thongs and got me to try. I spent three days wiggling around. I guess I have spent my entire life trying to keep the underwear out of there that I couldn't get used to the idea of purposefully putting it there. I usually wear silky underwear and was constantly readjusting during exercise. I needed to do some laundry and only had some cotton briefs that I would wear when doing yard work clean. I found they are much more comfortable during a workout and do not shift as much.
  • bronwynslim
    Options
    Granny panties. simple cotton, high waisted granny panties. You're working out, not dressing to impress xD Those are what wear when I work out, and I dont have any issues with them trying to become thongs XD
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I think proper fit will help eliminate all the swishing around, and wick away material. I guess they would fall in the granny pants category -- I purchased a few low cuts on line from Duluth Trading and they are great all around underwear.
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I've found boy shorts work well for me..I have issues wearing granny panties but I have switched to boy shorts most of the time, someone told me thongs work too but I just couldn't get used to them
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or do all ladies have issues with underwear shifting everywhere while exercising? I swear I spend more time adjusting my panties then working out. Anyone hsve solutions ? Ive tried few types went loosr n tight ect.
    I just don't wear any.
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My 3 yo was "working out" with me the other day and had to stop every couple of minutes to pull her panties out of her butt lol it was cute
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Thongs!
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Another vote for boy short style. They work for me
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    my suggestion is try on your undies with workout clothes in the house before leaving for the gym.

as many posters said, thongs can work once you get used to them (try the string kind and not the thicker ones)

boyshorts work if they fit right and don't move.
    so do microfibre bikinis (also if they fit right) and granny panties.

it's more important that they fit your shape properly, stretch properly, and move with your body and clothing than that you buy a particular cut.

trial and error is the way to go!

also, throw out (or at least don't wear to the gym!) any older pairs as the elastic and fabric loses a lot of it's elasticity and staying power as it gets older.

also, if you've lost any significant amount of weight, invest in new panties. they need to fit to stay put.

if all else fails, go commando!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Boy shorts work for me.

I hate thongs and anything in between the 2 just shifts about all over the place.
  • Jokenmit
    Jokenmit Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    micro fiber briefs or boy shorts all the way. even thou they make thongs big enough for my backside, I never got use to the "butt-floss' :)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Bikini cut works for me. I also wear cheekies and micro cheekies, but those ride up like no ones business. Havent worked out in a thong, mine are usually lacy affairs, but I'm going to have to try it.
  • RoseRoiz
    RoseRoiz Posts: 95
    Options
    Try silk panties , from victoria's secret they fit awesome and no lines or just go comando!!
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Nothing under running shorts and a thong otherwise. No problems here.
  • rheelizabeth
    rheelizabeth Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Granny panties. simple cotton, high waisted granny panties. You're working out, not dressing to impress xD Those are what wear when I work out, and I dont have any issues with them trying to become thongs XD

This for me! I don't have much of a problem if I'm honest though... maybe it's the kind of exercise that you do?
    Try commando?
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Boy shorts all the way. Keep experimenting with brands that don't ride up your cheeks. I got some from JC Penney (in the US last time I was there shopping), so they cost very little, and they stay put. Needless to say, they're my favourites for working out.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Microfibre, VPL-free boy-shorts. Absolute god-send with tight running trousers/shorts.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I do cotton bikini briefs and don't have any issues but anything bigger for me causes issues. Long hikes, if I'm wearing something form fitting like yoga pants, I just go commando.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Go commando. No underwear, no problem :happy: