Strawberry protein powder recipes other than shakes?

Options
minizombie
minizombie Posts: 40 Member
My brother bought a strawberry flavored whey (which I do not prefer, I would rather have vanilla for baking purposes).
Any idea how would it turn out if I try using strawberry whey for recipes that calls for vanilla whey?
I tried making strawberry pancakes once and I threw it out because it was too sweet to taste like a pancake.
I want to make a protein bread though but I'm afraid the strawberry will ruin it.

Replies

• RunEatLift
    RunEatLift Posts: 68
    Options
    Every brand is going to taste different - the probability is that if you don't like it as a drink or in pancakes that you won't like it in anything else.
    You could try making protein bread and add in some vanilla extract to tone down the strawberry flavour.

http://www.proteinpow.com/

That website has a ton of recipes for protein powder :)
  • Flan656
    Flan656 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What about protein fluff? I'm totally addicted to it at the moment, so nice as a fruity breakfast or desert!

Ingredients:
    Small Handful of frozen mixed berries (or unfrozen, but frozen make it nice and cold!)
    One scoop of strawberry whey protein
    Two tablespoons of milk (you may need a little more if it's too solid!)

Directions-
    1) Throw all ingredients in a blender/or a bowl for hand blending
    2)Whizz it for up to 3/4minutes- the longer you blend the more it all swells up
    3)Enjoy!

It comes out just like the texture of fluff or like a thick mousse, and keeps hunger locked up!
    Macros (with one scoop of optimum nuitrition whey powder and semi skimmed milk)
    Cal: 150, carb: 6g, fat 0.5, protein: 25g, sugar: 3g
  • minizombie
    Options
    One important question though, does the whey lose any nutritional value when it's baked? Sorry if it's a DUH question but I'm really unsure on this one because from what I know from the basics, proteins do denature at high temperatures.. I'm pretty sure 375F is considered high :P
  • minizombie
    Options
    What about protein fluff? I'm totally addicted to it at the moment, so nice as a fruity breakfast or desert!

Ingredients:
    Small Handful of frozen mixed berries (or unfrozen, but frozen make it nice and cold!)
    One scoop of strawberry whey protein
    Two tablespoons of milk (you may need a little more if it's too solid!)

Directions-
    1) Throw all ingredients in a blender/or a bowl for hand blending
    2)Whizz it for up to 3/4minutes- the longer you blend the more it all swells up
    3)Enjoy!

It comes out just like the texture of fluff or like a thick mousse, and keeps hunger locked up!
    Macros (with one scoop of optimum nuitrition whey powder and semi skimmed milk)
    Cal: 150, carb: 6g, fat 0.5, protein: 25g, sugar: 3g

Sounds delicious for dessert! I'll keep that in mind, thanks :)