Wii Team for June !!

Options

Replies

• blockeramanda
    blockeramanda Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This is kinda a stupid question, but does it have to be wii fitness? I LOVE my Gold's Gym Cardio Workout game on Wii..I play it all the time and i sweat like crazy! So I'd like to do that game instead :)
  • Lianne95519
    Lianne95519 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Lianne here. I am using Wii Active 4 times a week and taking my dogs for a bike ride whenever the weather permits. I am getting a knee replacement this winter so I am limited but I just do what I can. I managed 2 Wii workouts today at the hard level for a grand total of 313 calories burned. That's alot for me but I am grateful for Wii, my bike and my dogs.

Look forward to reading the shares.

Lianne:happy: :happy:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    This is kinda a stupid question, but does it have to be wii fitness? I LOVE my Gold's Gym Cardio Workout game on Wii..I play it all the time and i sweat like crazy! So I'd like to do that game instead :)

You can do any game you like :D We have people doing all different games on here. A lot do Wii Fit Plus, some do EA Sports Active, or Walk It Out, or Just Dance. Any game is fine with us, all that matters is that you're getting up and moving :)
  • blockeramanda
    blockeramanda Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    O ok :) thanks for the info. I didn't do my boxing today..I decided to go running instead of working out. I am going to do a 5k(hopefully) on july 4th.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    10 workouts into my 30 day challenge on EA Sports Active!! I really love it.
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    Fantastic to see so many new faces. Welcome !! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

My month got off to a lousy start due to a root canal that has gone allll wrong. Spreading infection, face swelled up like a chipmunk. Some insane pain. Started with a small abscess that barely bothered me,and after the dentist dug around , the infection just decided to expand like crazy. I cannot eat hardly anything and my whole head is hurting way too much to exercise. Very frustrating! Praying the antibiotics start doing their job so I can have my face back, and my life. Yikes. Several dentist visits ahead, hopefully I come out of one repaired instead of in worse shape. What a mess.:angry:

Hope everyone makes those goals, and as soon as I can manage a decent meal and survive a day without pain meds, I will be back in the game.

Have a super weekend everyone!!
  • 365healthchallenge
    Options
    Hi! I'd like to jump in on this :)

A quick backstory, I had my second spinal surgery (a fusion) in March and have been recovering since then, I'm doing physical therapy, but the amount of activity that I can do is limited by what my therapist says is ok. Fortunately for me, she is actually encouraging me to do the Wii Fit, and gave me a sheet to fill out to track my progress :)

I own Wii Fit Plus, Wii Active and Your Shape (I think those are the names...) and I would like to commit to doing one of them at least 3x per week for at least 30 minutes. I may up that once my endurance is a little higher.

Anyways, good luck all!
  • 365healthchallenge
    Options
    I did 40 minutes worth of Wii Fit's Free Step so far today, I really like that I can switch over and watch tv and the Wii mote keeps my rhythm and counts my steps. Going to try some Wii Active since I haven't tried it yet.
  • 365healthchallenge
    Options
    Well now I have to add 20 minutes worth of Wii EA Sports Active :) Day 1 of they're 30 day challenge. It kicked my butt! The back of my shirt is soaked. Love it!
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I have just completed work out 20 on the wii active 30 day challenge!! Whoooot I got to the end. Ok so it took me longer than 30 days but I made it to the end. Now I am not sure what to do as my holiday is 5 weeks away and that means one week less than the challenge on more work outs sooooo do I

a) start but not finish the 5 week challenge
    b) just do the preset work outs until my holiday
  • Sbozek123
    Sbozek123 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I personally would keep going with the challenge but work 3 or 4 days then take a rest day in it - you'll be further along and won't really miss the last few when you go for your holiday! Keep up the great work!

I'm on workout 15 of 20 in the Active challenge and cannot wait to get to workout #20! I started on easy and am looking forward to kicking it up a notch on medium (easy has me sweating buckets still!). I hit my 20lbs. lost mark this week at weigh in this morning and am on such a weight loss high right now! I'm becoming a workout junkie and I love it!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I got my Wii working again today. I took the whole thing apart and put it back together again and re-sync'd it and it is working again!

So, I should actually be able to start working on my June goal.

JAM
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm in I just finished the 30 day shred and have been looking for something fun to fill the void and this week I have started doing more with the Wii - I hadn't used it in a while - I'm on day three of EA active, plus I love the Wii sports and I just ordered Jillian's Wii workout. I don't have the Wii fit, but when i get some extra cash I hope to purchase one - If I can find one! I plan on finishing the EA 30 day challenge and workout on the Wii 5 days/week. What a fun group!!!
  • missiemccarley
    Options
    My goal is to do 5 days a week at 15 minutes advance step, then walk my mile + before retiring to bed every morning ( i work midnights) I have been doing 10 minutes so I will "step" it up to 15!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I just completed the 6 week challenge on EA Active More. I didn't miss a day. I did it on the hard level. I love to complete something. Now I am not sure what to do next. I have the weekend to think about it.
  • Sbozek123
    Sbozek123 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    phew! So tired! I finished the 30 day challenge on easy yesterday, and thought I'd step it up a notch and try medium for the next cycle of a new 30 day set.........let me tell you how glad I am that I started on Easy when I bought the game! If I had tried on medium or hard (omg) I would not have made it through a week! I'm glad I know my own body and physical limits well enough! I thought I would drop and drip into a puddle of sweat tonight! But boy do I feel great now that it's done!

It's been a tough month for me to stay on track eating and working out - my son is out of school, the weather is so warm, and we had a mini vacation this past week, and I've felt like a total slug! But I'm determined to push through the last 10 days or so, and make the most of this month! Hope everyone is doing great!
  • selbyhutch
    Options
    I finish the EA Sports Active 30 day challenge tomorrow! I only missed 1 day, but I'm working out 3 days in a row to finish on target. I think when I start the 45 day challenge I'll try it on "hard". Ack! It's a ton of fun... if anyone doesn't have this game, definitely get it! I love it so much that I've been neglecting my other games (work-outs). I totally love Just Dance, but just haven't been doing it. I need to step up my cardio... so maybe I'll start again. I haven't played Wii Fit in a long time... and I don't like Jillian's Fitness Ultimatum (huge disappointment IMO). Anyway, I've also made some custom routines with the EA Sports Active... my favs are an all sports one & I have an all boxing one that will kick your butt.

I'm also doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred which is kicking my *kitten*.

Great job all!!
  • chgraham
    chgraham Posts: 122
    Options
    I am almost finished the 30 day challenge on the Wii Active, next I will do the 30 day Challenge on Hard. I have also just bought the Jillian Ultimate 2010 for the Wii. Did that this morning and she was kicking my butt. I was so tired, but feel great now that I have finished it. Still have to fit in my Wii Active sometime today.
  • selbyhutch
    Options
    I finished the 30 day challenge today!! I did it on medium. I considered doing it again on hard... but I'm too impatient & want to try the 45 day challenge & see the new exercises. I think I'll do it on hard.

Great job everyone!!
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    its an awesome feeling when your finished isnt it! I bought wii fit plus today. Not had a balance board before but so far I am liking it. Its no where near as hard core as Wii active but it will be good for days when I cant really be bothered and it will motivate me through the games!