Newbie - Wedding Preparation Fitness...

Options
Hi everyone,
I just joined MFP last week, in preparation for my wedding which is in 3 1/2 months. I don't want to do anything drastic, just want to firm up and to feel confident that I'm in control of my diet at a busy time. Is anyone else in a similar situation, with a deadline to reach?

Replies

• happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your up-coming wedding! How exciting for you! That must be the best motivation to look the best you ever have done! :smile:

I have a bit of weight to loose..still in the same dress size as before but feeling a little chubbier/weighing heavier - but also would like to tone up like you, so feel free to add me for support! My motivation is nothing like as life-changing as yours, but I'm going to Singapore in Septemeber...haven't been away in two years (a LONG time for me, I love to travel, but we bought a house a year ago so the trips had to stop!) ...so want to be skinny for then! (If only so I can indulge for two weeks on my hols and have to do it all again!)

Good luck with achieving your goals!! x
  • missagillespie
    Options
    I started weight watchers at the start of the year and lost 2 and a half stone, now I'm at the weight I wanted to be and I've been at the gym just toning myself up.

I know the gym can be boring and theres not much there to motivate you, however, I've noticed that in my area there are a lot of 5k's and 10k runs going on. So I have recently done a 10k (In an hour) and I am doing a 5k this Sunday. The races are great, and there are so many people there cheering you on and its a great atmosphere. I have also raised £560 for my local cancer centre as I got sponsorship from people in my work!

Plus you get a medal!! :)

Good luck and congratulations! I'm sure you'll look amazing on your big day! x
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the wedding!!! How exciting!

Amanda
  • kweet
    kweet Posts: 4
    Options
    Happyjax, missagillespie, amanda, thanks for the words of encouragement and well done to you all on your achievements! This site is great, in terms of goals and support - although I'm a little messed up when I eat food that hasn't been pre-prepared and I find I have to guess the weights!