Breakfast

Options
For the past year or so I've been eating scrambled eggs with a little cheese for breakfast. I'll sometimes eat a banana and drink coffee. I usually eat like, three eggs. Is that too much? Should I try something different for breakfast just to break it up?

Replies

• bound4beauty
    bound4beauty Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Three whole eggs and cheese is a lot of fat and probably doesn't leave a lot of room in your fat allotment for other healthy fats like olive oil, avocado, etc... I'd do one whole egg and two egg whites. Throw in some veggies like onions, green & red bell peppers, mushrooms and top it off with some salsa. That's a healthy egg scramble :)

It really doesn't matter if you eat the same thing everyday as long as you're satisfied with it. I eat a variety of things for breakfast because sometimes I'm in the mood for sweet and sometimes I want savory.
  • cook6609
    cook6609 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My typical breakfast consists of eggs and toast.... On the off chance that I don't eat eggs it's usually cereal with almond milk or small pancakes... I wouldn't worry if you don't mind eating that day after day (I typically don't... my husband makes excellent egg white omelets for me :smile: )... If you are starting to get bored, just look around the internet for different breakfast ideas.
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    When I eat scrambled eggs I easily eat 3 of them along with some bacon. If you enjoy eggs for breakfast and don't mind eating them every day then keep on keeping on. If you are starting to mind eating them every day then put some new things in the rotation. I find that toast with peanut butter is quite filling, I will usually eat two slices with a glass of milk. There's also cereal, smoothies, waffles, pancakes, breakfast pizza, quiche, bagels, anything really. And who says you have to eat only breakfast type foods? I see nothing wrong with eating whatever you want for breakfast, even if it's spaghetti or pork chops with rice. As long as it fits in your food goals for the day then you are good to go.
  • PosterPens
    PosterPens Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i have a chobani EVERY morning. its the greatest.