Can you intake to much Protein?

Options
Hello my friends.. I was wondering if its possible to intake to much protein? Im talking about the powders and drinks? The reason Im asking is I take Powder Soy protein in the mornings after my workouts and then I take a liquid drink after my workout at lunch time. I having issues with my stomach area being bloated and also Ive gained inches in my waist, hips and butt. A inch everywhere the past couple of months. Im at my goal weight still but I cant get the inches off and its frustrating me. So I would appreciate it if anyone can help..

Thanks,
Susie

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    So how much protein per day and what do you weigh ?
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    BeautyAndStrength50 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I intake about 50 grams of protein powder and liquid after my exercises. I weight 140 im at my goal weight I have been maintaining for over a year just wondering if the Protein is making me to where im gaining weight and inches. Kinda weird just happened in the last 3 months my body is changing I guess. ughh
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I intake about 50 grams of protein powder and liquid after my exercises. I weight 140 im at my goal weight I have been maintaining for over a year just wondering if the Protein is making me to where im gaining weight and inches. Kinda weird just happened in the last 3 months my body is changing I guess. ughh

Yes, if you take in too much protein, you may gain weight.

Three Problems Associated With Too Much Protein Intake
    http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/three-problems-associated-much-protein-intake-6546.html
  • snooj
    snooj Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Not really unless you have a medical condition. If you're gaining inches, you're probably eating too much in general, not just protein.