Any info on lecithin(spelling??)

de1amo
de1amo Posts: 266 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Many years ago i used this as a supplement to training because i was told it facilitated the quick flow of fats through the blood stream. i now live in a very hot climate and once read that Australians supplement their diet with it to cope with the hot summers there --either way is it a useful supplement or just a gimmick??

Replies

• hawkeye01
    hawkeye01 Posts: 162
    Here's a bit of a story, but since it's related to Lecithin I thought I would share it with you.

My father who is now deceased, was told of Lecithin by a Navy doctor in WWII. He was told it would help keep his Cholesterol low. My father listened to the doctor and took it for more than 50 years. He didn't eat the healthiest food, but his overall Cholesterol never went above 140. To help with my Cholesterol, I personally started taking 2400mg day late last year. Since I have been losing weight through healthier eating and lots of exercise, my Cholesterol went down significantly over a three month period. I am not sure if Lecithin had a major role in that reduction, but I will continue to take it as a supplement as long as I can.

Good luck. Hawkeye
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 266 Member
    i was told something like that--it speeds the fats through the blood stream by thinning the blood.--the Australians use it because they are from cold climes living in a hot climate--just like me current situation.-i took it as a kind of porridge and after a while i couldnt face it anymore but i know more recently they use captules
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 22,029 Member
    Egg yolks are a good source of lecithin.
This discussion has been closed.