Your 1st week weight loss

Amandac6772
Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey guys,
I'm curious to know everyone's first week weight loss. I would be happy with a 2 lbs loss. I have 30 lbs to lose. Is that reasonable to expect that? I'm one of those people that discouraged easy so I'm trying not to to expect too much and remember this is a marathon not a sprint.

Amanda

Replies

• baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    That's great, you're right on track. Anything more is generous yes but 2 pounds is on the money. You're doing great keep doing what you're doing!
  • mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    My first week was a 5 lb loss, I started with over 100lbs to lose.
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Don't be discouraged no matter what happens!

I was actually a bit of a disaster story...even though I was eating so carefully and exercising more, I actually went up 1 kg in my first week - and retained this for the following three weeks!! I was ready to give up for sure, could not believe that being healthy and strict on myself was making me put on weight! :sad: But thanks to all the lovely people on MFP, I didn't give up and realised that it probably was muscle weight...

I've now been on MFP for over two months and week on week am dropping the weight. My progress is VERY slow and it is disheartening when the weight seems to fall off some people and I am reporting '0.4kg lost' (AGH!) but every little helps and everyone will loose at a different pace. It's the adoption of the new, healthier lifestyle that is important, it makes any loss we do achieve more sustainable!

Good luck with reaching your goal weight! Try not to worry about how long it takes you to get there, what matters more that you will do one day! :smile:
  • XFreckle_LipX
    XFreckle_LipX Posts: 46 Member
    Well I weighed in last week and it was just over a week since I had started and lost 7lbs. I was so happy I need to loose at least 70lbs so this was a nice bit of motivation to keep going. I would be happy with 1 pound a week! :) every little helps! So dont be worrying. You will have days when you fall off the wagon but just jump back up and start fresh. In the past my attitude was awh well I started eating it I might aswell finish it which was not the best option I have come to realise!! LOL Good luck!!! ;)
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    I've always heard that you lose 10% of what you need to lose in the first week. Don't know if it's accurate or not but it sounds like you are on target.

Amanda
This discussion has been closed.