Adding gym workout to exercise

trudance3
trudance3 Posts: 6
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello

I used the gym yesterday for the first time ever, and I dont know how to enter it into the diary. I found stationary bike, which I used, I used the cross trainner, but i dont see it there, how would I enter that?

I also used what i assume is a leg press machine, the one where you sit on the seat, put your legs up and you press against a metal plate, to help you thighs. Also if anyone is a gym buff can you help me out with the other names for the weight machines please?

I used a machine for my chest and arms, i can only assume its called a chest press or something, but you hold a bar on either side of your body and push them up and together.

I used a machine for my back, where i sit with my legs round the seat and grab two bars infront of me and pull them back, so you are pulling your shoulder blades together.

The last machine I used (which I hated cause it was too awkward for me) was one to help your abs, you put your elbows on two pads and hold the bars and pull down so your crunching your stomach!

I am very sorry, if the names are really obvious and I am just being silly.

Trudy

Replies

• beasy22
    beasy22 Posts: 41 Member
    Hey Trudy,

Good work on the gym work out!

When i add my gym work outs to MFP i generally only add the CV work outs i.e. bike, cross trainner etc rather than weight and strength machine so i hope others can help you with these machines.

When i add the cross trainer, i enter ' Elliptical' . The metal plate machine you refer to is the GTS ( i think) have a go at searching for that.

I hope this helps

Soph x

Happy wo
This discussion has been closed.