Weight going up d

Options
In April, I bought a bike. Once the snow melted, I got on my bike and started riding.

I've ridden more than 86 miles in May now - often an hour or two of riding a day. It's quite a difference from my couch potato days!

My weight has gone up and STAYED up... 179 to 182.5 ! At this rate, I will never get the shape I'm looking for!! At first, I wanted to believe it was water weight from the extra exercise but wouldn't that be gone by now?

( I have worked up from 3km a day to 30 yesterday )

FTR, my diary is set at 1400 cals, I eat back my exercise calories, and I am occasionally over by a little ( 200 once or twice a week )

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I just peeked at your diary, going back a few days, and I would argue the point that you are eating back exercise cals - I'm seeing many days where you're netting below 1000, some days under 500. Quite a few empty or incomplete diary days as well, so how do you know for sure how much you're eating?

Consistent tracking is helpful, as well as making sure you're netting a good amount of cals.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Having a salad with 49 grams of fat is not helping you....... I would choose my food intake more carefully to obtain my goals.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I just peeked at your diary, going back a few days, and I would argue the point that you are eating back exercise cals - I'm seeing many days where you're netting below 1000, some days under 500. Quite a few empty or incomplete diary days as well, so how do you know for sure how much you're eating?

Consistent tracking is helpful, as well as making sure you're netting a good amount of cals.

I suck at logging the bedtime snacks! I will try harder. The empty days are mostly when I've eaten exactly the same thing as the days before. You make a very good point. I've gotten so used to doing it in my head.

To the poster who commented about my salad : Yeah. I know. But I highly doubt one fat heavy salad is going to derail me. Especially on a day I biked 30km....
  • purple4sure05
    purple4sure05 Posts: 287 Member
    Options

I suck at logging the bedtime snacks! I will try harder. The empty days are mostly when I've eaten exactly the same thing as the days before. You make a very good point. I've gotten so used to doing it in my head.

To the poster who commented about my salad : Yeah. I know. But I highly doubt one fat heavy salad is going to derail me. Especially on a day I biked 30km....

Scientifically speaking, it doesn't matter what you eat as long as you stay within your calories. People will tell you otherwise and there are some factors that may effect it minorly, but all in all, the only thing that matters is calories in --> calories out. Make sure you log every single thing you eat every day, and maybe consider using a different calculator to determine how many calories you're burning with your exercise.
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    How about your measurements? Have they changed?

Muscle of the same volume as fat will weigh more.

You could have lost some volume around the waste and still weigh more.