timing of weigh in?

de1amo
de1amo Posts: 266 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
This morning i woke up and weighed 74kg and after breakfast i weighed 75kg but by 1pm i am now 73kgs---i always thought you weighed lowest at break of day, İ was first weighed at 1pm by a dietician because it allowed 4 hours for breakfast to stop altering my metabolism rate--is this the correct time to weigh then--before lunch??--i have drunk half my days fluids but no food since breakfast.

Replies

• edelq
    edelq Posts: 111
    For me, I always weigh in first thing in the morning,, it might not be your lightest as you fluctuate through the day, but for me, it's the most consistent since it's before I've had any food / drink/ exercise.

I reckon just pick a time, if its fight before lunch and you haven't eaten in some time, then that's fine,, just try to stick to the same "conditions" each time you do your weigh in.. I can't cope with not eating for 4 hours, so for me, first thing is best!
  • vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    Your dietician surely couldn't have gotten you in before breakfast. Perhaps 1pm was the next in the chain of convenient times.

I always weigh in after going to the loo in the morning. Your weight fluctuates all day so if you keep the weigh in time consistent you'll get an accurate picture. I'd say use the same time as me (and probably most of the people on MFP because it depends what you actually have for breakfast, too, if you weigh yourself after it.
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 266 Member
    i dieted before i came to this site and was on a very low intake but on this site i am eating far more and to get anywhere near the required calories i eat fruit at night and tend to wake up full --my breakfasts are getting later because i generally only eat when i am hungry. i find i have to go to the loo twice in a morning to feel empty despite taking loads of fiber in a day--are there any dangerous of going over the fiber amount and under on the sat fats??
This discussion has been closed.