Are U a wife/mom,going to school,& trying2lose weight?

Options
So Im planning on going to nursing school this fall..Im also a wife and mother of 4 elementary(middle) school age kids(ages 10,9,8,5)...I also need to lose approx 30 lbs....i do PLAN on losing this weight by the end of July...Anywho...Is there any women out there juggling this? Any tips on how to manage family,school,health...and stay motivated?:) Ive been married since i was 17,had my first baby at 18..and been a stay at home mom since(im about to turn 30..yikes!;)...so yes ive never worked outside the home....help me!:) lol..im super excited...but nervous!!!

Replies

• kellie1055
    kellie1055 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Me! I have two toddler girls (2 and 4 years old) and Im in grad school full time. I am also a stay at home mom, full time. Ive managed to maintain a 4.0 GPA and lose almost 50 pounds, but prepare for a lot of sleepless nights! I wait till my children are asleep to break out the books, Its the only time I ever get any quiet time. Its been hard but so worth it!!
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Me! I have two toddler girls (2 and 4 years old) and Im in grad school full time. I am also a stay at home mom, full time. Ive managed to maintain a 4.0 GPA and lose almost 50 pounds, but prepare for a lot of sleepless nights! I wait till my children are asleep to break out the books, Its the only time I ever get any quiet time. Its been hard but so worth it!!

Im excited and ready...but just nervous to go into the "unknown"...lol
  • chayamom
    chayamom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You really have your hands full! I waited till my children were all older before I went back to school full time and even like that it was challenging. The good news is that you started dieting quite a bit before starting school so hopefully you have developed some sort of a system. I find dieting takes time and commitment. It's going to be hard but with help and motivation you should do fine!
  • afalls11
    afalls11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    This sounds very familiar. I work fulltime, go to graduate school part time, and am married with 2 kids (12, and 9) who are active in activitites outside of school. I make sure to get my fitness classes in right after work these days. I bought a treadmilll that I get up a 1/2 hour early to walk or do a quick run. Honestly, I will involve the kids in some of my workouts.. such as doing planks during commericals if at home. Otherwise, when the weather is nice. I go home, get them and we go out for a walk since the days are longer.

I wish you the best of luck. I know how challenging the nursing industry can be so keep your head up, and get your family involved.

Best of luck.. so proud of you for going to school.

Anita
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    thanx everyone for the replies and kind words:) Ive always wanted to be an OB nurse since i was a child...so i cannot wait! lol..i know it will be super challenging..but im committed:)
  • hkb85
    hkb85 Posts: 37
    Options
    Im 28, 3 school aged kiddies (not single but no longer with their father, dont live with my boyfriend either) and Im currently studying to be a nurse on top of trying to lose weight.
    While it seems like a lot if you have good time management skills (which as a nurse is very much needed) it makes things alot easier.