Leg day...arm day....what?

Options
I'm trying to create a routine to make it easier to get up and exercise. I hate walking into the gym and trying to figure out "what do I want to do today?" And I usually end up just doing the treadmill and going home because I don't know what to do...what to focus on.

I always see posts about awesome leg day!

What type of work outs do you do on leg day...do you do more than just legs....what about your arms and abs?
How long do you go for....

Hellllllllllllllllllp

Replies

• HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I don't do a split routine, because of the nature of my training, but as a beginner, you'll probably be better off with a full body routine, at least at first.
  • mstjmack26
    mstjmack26 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It's exciting when you workout with a plan. I train legs by doing squats, lunges, dead lifts, leg presses and I also jump rope too. On leg day I do about 5 sets of 10 depending on the amount of weight. More so if it is an increase wk I start off with 3 set of 10. I'm up to 70lbs on my squats and dead lifts. I train legs 2x per wk. Upper body as well. I do rows, clean press, chest press and other exercises for tri and biceps too. On Saturday I do a full body with suspension cable or TRX cable. Friday and Sunday are cardio days only. Strong lift 5x5 is a good app to start with...form is really really important in weight train. So if can go to a class at your gym or get with a train about proper form, it will help you see better results and save from injury too. Hope this helped.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Keep it simple at first:

Do one exercise for 3 sets of say 10 reps, for each body part concentrating on compound lifts first.

IE
    Legs- Squat, Stiff legged deadlifts
    Back- Pullups, deadlifts
    Chest- Bench press, pushups
    Shoulders- Overhead press, upright rows
    Arms- barbell curls, tricep dips

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Yes I would say the most important thing is to have a plan and stick to it.

Go to the gym 2-3 times per week and do a full body workout, if you're new. That would be my advice. And change it 4-6 months from now when you get bored.