Gained all my Weight.........

Options
2»

Replies

• tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hey lady, glad to see you are back. I have lost weight and gained it back more times than I can count on both hands. We can do this! Good luck:smile:
  • SeminoleFan30
    Options
    I had an accident back in '95...everyone was surprised I lived (darn cement mixer ran a light). Anyway, that's when ALL my exercise stopped....because I was hospitalized. After that, I went to physical therapy...but that was it. Getting back into the groove of exercise was horrible for me....couldn't stick with it. :angry: I still struggle with it, but I keep coming back to this site. I go through the cycles of eating whatever I want, too, but again I keep coming back to this site....it's a reminder that I and ANYONE can always start over. :flowerforyou: 'Glad you're here.

:heart:

Let's be MFP friends! :smile:

I didn't get hurt bad in the accident just bruised and scared out of my mind, it just messed with me mentally. It wasn't my fault, a truck pulled out in front of me and I couldn't stop. Anyways, I am glad to be back. Thanks for the support. I still can't exercise right now though, I have Arthritis in my knees and it hurts to bad, I start going to physical therapy for my knees on Thursday.

Sometimes the mental trauma is worse than the physical. I was in a nasty accident in Jan'08 and had a lot of injuries. They were considering amputating my left arm since the shattered bone was coming very close to severing an artery. They were able to rebuild me and I have a fancy new cyborg arm (tons of metal that will never come out). :laugh:

There are things today that I'm still not capable of doing, but that isn't the reason I put on the weight. I was scared. Scared of everything. Didn't (actually couldn't) drive again for over 6 months. At first I wasn't capable of doing things myself (carrying groceries, doing laundry, etc) but after some healing I was still afraid of doing ANYTHING that might potentially be uncomfortable or hurt.

It took almost two years to get past the mental barrier and start living normally again. It wasn't just my arm that suffered after two years of minimal activity. EVERYTHING else went to hell. I ended up back in physical therapy at the end of last year for my back. My core muscles had become so weak they could move my vertebrae around. Pretty gross.

Whoa, just started typing and didn't realize I'd ended up ranting. That very long winded explanation was just to say that I know where you're coming from. The quicker you can snap yourself out of fear mode the better off you'll be. I did a lot of damage being too afraid to live.

I have to do a lot of modified exercising because of my injuries so I'm sure there is something out there that you can do that will be easy on your knees. If walking is too hard you can still get your heart rate up by lifting weights while sitting down or swimming.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/288618/easy_exercises_for_problem_knees.html
    http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/health/Good_Exercises_for_Bad_Knees.html
    http://www.healthyexerciseworld.com/arthritis-knee-exercise.html

thanks so much. I had the accident May 29, 2009, I still fear someone is going to pull out in front of me but I do drive. I don't let that stop me from that. The guy that hit me is not going to take that away from me. He took a lot more things away from me, like my desire to eat right and continue to lose weight, but now that is gone, I will lose this weight and be all the things that I want to be. Thanks for the very inspiring story and I am glad that you are okay from your wreck. Thanks for the exercises, I will have to check those out. I have some weights, I just have to find them.
  • SeminoleFan30
    Options
    Hey lady, glad to see you are back. I have lost weight and gained it back more times than I can count on both hands. We can do this! Good luck:smile:

Hey, I am very glad to be back. I feel horrible that I have gained the weight back. I am so tired all the time and I know it is b/c I have gained weight. We can do this and we will do it!!!!!!
  • jusniq
    jusniq Posts: 49
    Options
    I tend to gain my weight back to too. I have jeans i told myself i don't want to fit back into again, and sure enough.....
  • cabrzama
    cabrzama Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that! You are right, life just gets in the way sometimes. The key is not letting it get too far away. Weight loss is not about CW straight to Goal Weight. It's two steps forward, one back. I wish it weren't but just stay positive. At least you didn't gain 10 more back. At least you have done it once--you know how to do it. One day at a time!
  • SeminoleFan30
    Options
    Been there, done that! You are right, life just gets in the way sometimes. The key is not letting it get too far away. Weight loss is not about CW straight to Goal Weight. It's two steps forward, one back. I wish it weren't but just stay positive. At least you didn't gain 10 more back. At least you have done it once--you know how to do it. One day at a time!

Thanks yes one day at time is all I can do!!