help

CatRodger
CatRodger Posts: 105
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
thinks this thing is weird I set it to lose 1LB a week and have averaged 2LB a week, and when I weigh in tomorrow ive a feeling this will be 3LBS !!! dont get it, why am I losing more then I scheduled per week :S I eat all my calories and if I dont I only leave around 40ish

I eat healthy like lunch would be crackerbreads, with marmite a lil cheese, and crisps, cos I work evening sometimes dinner is a packet meal ( good for you one ) from asda. Or I have hot and spicy chicken with potatos and yorkshires, or rice

Breakfast can be anything from 2 soft boiled eggs, to two slices of toast, or if im out and about nutrigrain bars ( breakfast on the go )

I eat roasts on Sundays and I even had a chinese Sat night !!! I even sometimes snack on choccie bars !!

If I lose 3lbs when I weigh in tomorrow I need to re-calculate everything, cos I dont want to lose weight tis fast.

Cat x

Replies

• kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    It says that you just joined earlier this month. Most people do lose quite a bit in the first few weeks of joining - it's your body getting rid of the extra water weight. I also have a personal theory that the extra grease and whatnot is leaving your system.

As long as you're eating well and staying close to your calorie goals I wouldn't worry about losing weight quickly right now. It'll slow down soon enough.
  • tattereds
    tattereds Posts: 120 Member
    Wow, you have an awesome attitude to weight loss Cat! I can see that you want to do this in the healthiest way possible to ensure that any weight you lose, stays off!

Your current problem really depends on your current weight, I'd say though. 2lbs is really not a lot of weight to lose in a week if you are bigger, but could be an immense amount if you are smaller. When I was bigger, I was amazed and a little scared at times to see that some weeks I would lose as much as 2.5kg (5.5lbs!), but my doc at the time was very supportive and explained that this was okay for someone my size. Even now, my current doc is very supportive of me aiming for anywhere between 0.5-1kg/week (1-2lbs).

If you had been quite sendentary or had a terrible diet before and have just started your journey, then hugely increased exercise levels coupled with calorie restriction may just be shocking your system into some rapid weight loss at the moment.

It could also be that your metabolism is just way better than some people? (The dream of many people here, I'd bet!) If you are feeling overly hungry, this extra weight loss could be a sign that your body needs more than most people at base level.

At the end of the day, if feel like you are losing weight too quickly, maybe you could stand to add en extra 100cal or so each day. How you lose weight is entirely up to you and your comfort level is the most important thing. Do what makes you feel happy and most comfy :)

- Kita
  • CatRodger
    When I started I was around 12st 7lbs not badly overweight but did need to lose about 14 pounds to be in targets with height and stuff..

My diet was awful, I lived on full fat coke !! ( as a drink ) and sweets and stuff was deffo in there very day ! now I drink flavoured water or Asdas own diet coke, or pepsui max, so a big sugar cut. ( maybe thets the weight loss ecplanation )

So going by wat you said tattereds I guess changing such a terrible diet, to something more healthy lifestyled ( even if I do slip in chocolate and maybe one can of full fat coke ) could be wh Ive dropped so quickly, bet it will slow down soon and I will be wondering why next !!

Will see how it pans out over next three weeks then, before I worry to much.

Thanks fo ryou replies girls.

Cat x
  • Jcrowe0317
    Jcrowe0317 Posts: 35 Member
    I lost 4 pounds my first week but slowed to a crawl after that... I would not change anything until you see your results for week 2. Just my opinion.
  • CatRodger
    I think this is week four !

Although previously I ate take-aways every daturday, Kebabs and genral bad stuff, so the massive cut back has shown me how terrible m y eating habbits was, and that sometimes I ate for the sake of eating !!

Now Im monitoring CAlories and only eating whem Im actually hungry its amazing how much you see the results.

Cat x
This discussion has been closed.