Best ab exercises

Options
2»

Replies

• crazypeachs
    crazypeachs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Callanetics. it's like pilates, but better. it combines yoga, ballet, and pilates. in 10 hours (each session is an hour) you see marked difference. i love it. it tightens up your whole body and stretches you out. it's "a series of delicate, precise movements" and stretches to get you lean and mean. and smooth and beautiful. that mixed with weight loss is AMAZING. it looks easy , but it's very hard.

my husband and i are bigger people, but his brother is lean, very strong with minimal fat. he thought it was no problem, but couldn't make it thru the whole hour. you do what you can, and you get better and as time goes on you're able to do more. i did it for a year about 15 years ago and had great legs. my legs have NEVER been 'great'. then i quit doing it, got fat, and now i'm starting again.

can't do anything about the past. just pick up where you are and keep going, right?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    someone already mentioned that you cannot spot reduce...

everyones abs are there, you just have to uncover them by removing the layer of fat that is over them ..

so the best way to expose your abs is to lose body fat.

I would say that compound lifts do the most to develop your abs...bench press, deadlift, squat, over head press, pull ups/chin ups, etc...the only ab exercise I do are weighted crunches, twists, or decline sit ups with weight about 15 minutes to 30 minutes a week...

This is the correct answer.