• MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Oh boy! I'm in trouble!:drinker:
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Well, what I just made was nothing like a frosty....:sad:

I used 3/4 cup Almond Milk (It is unsweetened, that may be the problem)
    0.5 tsp pure vanilla extract
    15 ice cubes
    1.5 TBSP Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 whole banana (They were small, and I started out with 1/3, ended up adding the whole thing)

Made about 15 or so ounces...but it don't taste nothing like a frosty, not the same consistency or taste.

Maybe I shouldn't have used unsweetened almond milk?
  • Suzmp85
    Suzmp85 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I guess using whatever milk is fine..I usually use 2% despite it being like 50-60 calories more. Maybe try some regular coca powder? Maybe some stevia or something like that? I should of posted that I found this recipe, it wasn't mine. I found it through a friends share on facebook.
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    @craigmandu
    the key to the Wendy's frosty flavor is malt. maybe a small scoop of malted drink mix, perhaps? or just plain malt if you can find it. i had hoped the texture would be similar, if not the taste (i've never had one that tastes like bananas. ^_^)

i'm still looking forward to trying one of these...
  • Ceilidh_H
    Ceilidh_H Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I will have to try this :) Thanks
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I plugged in the ingredients to MFP and it came up with 150ish calories and 32 carbs. One person commented it wasn't sweet...so add something sugar free for that?
  • leholcomb
    leholcomb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Suzmp85
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet, and could use all the helpful tips...I never tried malt--hmm. I was thinking maybe looking at the difference in calories between unsweetned coca powder or just using regular. Using 1-2% milk...using natural sweetner? etc
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    @craigmandu
    the key to the Wendy's frosty flavor is malt. maybe a small scoop of malted drink mix, perhaps? or just plain malt if you can find it. i had hoped the texture would be similar, if not the taste (i've never had one that tastes like bananas. ^_^)

i'm still looking forward to trying one of these...

It didn't taste like banana, even with a whole bananan in it, I think the cocoa powder kind of negated the banana, but I'm fine with that..hoped the banana would thicken it up a bit..

I'll experiment with it...kinda wish I had gotten "vanilla" almond milk instead of the regular unsweetened stuff. But I can use it in my protein shakes, so that don't bug me. Don't get me wrong, it was chocolatey, and didn't taste bad, I'll just have to play around until I get it right.
  • Suzmp85
    Options
    I plugged in the ingredients to MFP and it came up with 150ish calories and 32 carbs. One person commented it wasn't sweet...so add something sugar free for that?

That's always a good idea.
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing.
  • ekrier2
    ekrier2 Posts: 50
    Options
    bump
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    wow, that does indeed look and sound fab! x
  • Mittzu
    Mittzu Posts: 37
    Options
    Will try looks awesome
  • kpepin3
    kpepin3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This looks delicious! :)
  • mickeyullrich
    mickeyullrich Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mightymom2
    mightymom2 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    must try
  • leholcomb
    leholcomb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Mine turned into icy chocolate milk... :(
  • amyfordyce89
    Options
    I'm sorry i made this exactly what it called for and was horrible...
  • eahill4
    eahill4 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Bump