looking for people who eat 30+ g fiber/day

Options
One of the biggest challenges for me is figuring out how to get more fiber in my meals. I already eat whole grain everything and tons of fruits and veg, and there are only so many servings of beans I can take in a day. I'd love to get some ideas and inspiration by being able to look at the diaries of some people who regularly consume at least 30 grams of fiber a day. Is there anyone out there willing to let me take a peek? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a lot of fiber. I usually get to my goal and sometimes get as high as 24/25 but I can't imagine making it thirty. Good luck!
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    eat one quest bar per day and you will be 2/3 of the way to your goal. they are natural, delicious, and FULL of protein and fiber!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm lucky if I can get to 10 grams of fiber per day.
  • btoeps74
    btoeps74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Most of last week I was in the upper 50's. Check out my diary for some fiber ideas.
  • jimithegreek
    Options
    Like Jamiek917 said....Quest Bars. Pretty solid as far as protein bars go. Most have around 17 grams of fiber. I've had chocolate chip cookie dough and banana nut muffin....both are delicious. Also gives you 20+ grams of protein.
  • RCottonRPh
    RCottonRPh Posts: 148
    Options
    . If you eat mostly fruits, veggies, and whole grains , how are you missing the fiber mark?
  • Cutemisscoco
    Options
    I eat at 30 grams or close most days, I like Dave's killer Power seed bread (6 grams fiber per slice) dark green veggies like broccoli, raspberries, beans (love white beans as the blend into many dishes.) Also nuts like almonds, soy milk, and a lot of low sugar meal replacements bars are higher in fiber.
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I take whole psyllium husks and Benefiber as supplements to ensure I get my fiber to 30 grams a day. I am trying to lower my LDL cholesterol so a lot of my fiber has to be soluble. I also eat Fiber One bars. I am going to have to look into those Quest bars.
  • OhioViking79
    OhioViking79 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    i believe carrots have a lot of fiber, and they are great for a snack!
  • jaweiss1
    jaweiss1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Vitafusion Fiber Well Gummies. 2 gummies have 5 g fiber and 10 cals:

http://www.amazon.com/Vitafusion-Fiber-Gummies-90-Count-Bottle/dp/B002NPCMJC/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I generally consume that much fiber each day. I'm vegetarian and I make a lot of meals with lentils in them. I also eat Quest protein bars from time to time, and those have ridiculous amounts of fiber in them along with the generous amount of protein. (Chocolate chip cookie dough is the best flavor.)

ETA: forgot to mention avocados. They are fantastic sources of fiber.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats, hemp protein, black beans, fruit, vegetables.

Since I typically eat over 1,500 cals/day, I'm generally over 30g fiber (54g yesterday with 1,800 intake).

Unless cals are really low, should be fairly easy to get up to 30g+.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    One time I ate like 8 quest bars in a day and it felt like birthing an Alien... honestly, I rather just eat yogurt and cottage cheese. I haven't found fiber intrinsically better than just getting healthy bacteria and foods with digestive enzymes like bananas.
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I'm always at 30+ g fibre each day, but I'm usually over 20 at least. Flaxseed, quinoa, beans, almonds, and veggies are usually how I get it all in there :) My diary should be open; if not, friend me!
  • mbelle99
    mbelle99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I try to have 2 T of chia seeds a day, mixed in juice or into my greek yogurt. That, with fruit and legumes, gets me to 25-30 grams of fiber a day.
  • Steph_in_Mississippi
    Steph_in_Mississippi Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Quaker makes high fiber oatmeals that have 10 grams. Also look up cinnamon online. Its high fiber. I also eat high fiber breads. Lastly I add fiber one bars to my diet. I usually get 25 g a day
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    thistimewillbedifferent Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everybody! I will definitely check out those Quest bars and look at the diaries that were offered up. I had no idea that avocados, chia seeds, and oats were good sources of fiber...excellent! And in answer to the question about how I was missing the mark, I never meant to imply that I was eating mostly fruits/veg/beans/whole grains...I was trying to say that I already eat a lot of those foods. I also have a pretty high protein intake. I'm also doing this for cholesterol reasons, and I'm very appreciative of the help.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Kellogg's Original All Bran -- 12 g per 36 g serving

Ground flax seed, also good source of omega 3 -- I add it to yogurt, oatmeal
  • pkteen
    pkteen Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I ate 36 grams of fiber today, according to my food journal. My lunch AND dinner were 1/4 chicken breast (sliced thinly) with a cup of picked veggies (Peppers, onions, carrots) with soy sauce. Stir fried this and made a burrito with a wholewheat tortilla and 2 tablespoons of Hummus. Amazingly healthy, I tell you and easy to make...
  • deanabailey
    deanabailey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Add me and you can see my food diary. I try to eat a high fiber diet as well.