You Know You're Losing Weight When.....

Options

Replies

• Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    When my feet stop hurting after a long day of work.
  • Autazell
    Autazell Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Someone tries to insult you by calling you a "skinny *kitten* *****" and your face lights up into a BIG smile. I don't think that was the reaction she was going for, but it made my day.
  • Guthrie98
    Guthrie98 Posts: 5
    Options
    You dont have to unbutton any of your clothing to take them off

Your bra starts gaping and moving everytime there is any body movement

You go swimming and your bottoms fall down
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    When you buy braces to hold up pants
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    When you no longer have to wear 3X cotton shirts of which most have either some sort of nautical theme or an explosion of flowers all over it. Do clothing designers think us fat girls dream of becoming sailors or funeral arrangements?
  • MissJJ74
    MissJJ74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the posts!! I thought of a few more:

You realize your button down shirts no longer play "peekabo" with you in giving people a show of your bra.

You find yourself standing straight more often to look even leaner.

You pick up a weight at the gym that represents the amount you lost and wonder how the hell you were carrying around that much extra weight.

You can actually do squats, lunges and any other exercise you thought you'd never be able to do again.

You walk into any fast food place, take one look at the calories of the items and walk out because you realize it's not worth it.

Your blood work from your doctor is actually NORMAL.

You no longer need undergarments to suck you in, like girdles, control top pantyhose, or spanx.
  • sophieannejune
    sophieannejune Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The new pants you bought 2weeks ago (in a smaller size) are now too big (tranfition sizes are harsh) :)
  • djnusch
    djnusch Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    When you don't have to pay $48 for a pair of pants at the XL store, but $18 at meijers
  • MissJJ74
    MissJJ74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Wow I wrote this 2 years ago. Came back to it and inspired all over again. I gained back 40 of the 50 lbs I lost due to an enormously stressful period. Down 10 lbs so far trying to get another 30 down. You all have inspired me to push harder.
  • AshuhleeMarie
    AshuhleeMarie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    royvor wrote: »
    When you smile at your reflection in the mirror because your proud/happy with what you see.
    When you walk with more confidence.
    When you are glad to wake every morning to strut your hard earned body you fight for everyday.

I Love your answer. So true
  • AshuhleeMarie
    AshuhleeMarie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    bluvsu wrote: »
    When you say your hungry at work and someone offers you chips. An you pass.
    When you are invited to a BBQ and you say sorry can't make it going to the gym.
    When your mom asks you to stop and pick up ice cream and you do for her and your son. Don't even think about eating it. (okay more my lactose intolerant there)
    When the first thing you do when you wake up is check MFP for updates.

^ Same.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Have to keep going back to the rack to get a smaller size
    You lost your "bat wings" (well that's a lot of lifting weights too)
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    When YOU are that over energetic woman in the front of the aerobics class going HARD the whole hour.
    When you choose to do the Harder/more challenging moves during your class to keep your heart rate up and push yourself.
    When you realize that your arms are FINALLY trying to start shrinking/shaping up like the rest of your body! (My arms are one of my more challenging areas to change..probably THE most challenging..everywhere else has Been shrinking)
    When working out has become a part of who you are and you try to get it in no matter what, in any capacity.

....and yes the undies are now too big..unfortunately (for me) the BOTTOMS.
  • kimd2090
    kimd2090 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    When you have to start renting clothes so that you don't go to work naked or frumpy looking!
  • jbuzzed
    jbuzzed Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    When you can cross your legs.

When your selfies stop having double chins ;)
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    You dont' blow out tons of air when standing up, sitting down or squatting.
  • patty_36_2
    patty_36_2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    iggyboo93 wrote: »
    When you no longer have to wear 3X cotton shirts of which most have either some sort of nautical theme or an explosion of flowers all over it. Do clothing designers think us fat girls dream of becoming sailors or funeral arrangements?

Oh yes.. Don't miss those horrid tops..
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    When your husband cofesses that he saw a woman standing in front of his work and thought, "wow, that's a beautiful woman" and then thought," oh..WOW..that's my wife!" :smiley:
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    When your joints stop hurting from the waist down. And it only took a few pounds for that!
    ^^this !!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    kaiyad wrote: »
    you no longer have to pull up your pants after sitting down

Yes!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!