Petitie girls trying to lose vanity pounds help please !!

2»

Replies

• Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    No ™

Trademarks remain property of Crankstr, Inc, and are used only to directly describe the products being provided. Their use in no way indicates any relationship between the poster, and Crankstr, Inc.
    QFT
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Yeah, I agree. I did not mention that I was also lifting weights. And by vanity pounds I did not mean scale pounds. I just meant the last bits of fat that I didn't didn't want hanging around. And the weight lifting and building and maintaining muscle is the reason I can eat so much in relation to my body size.

I should also add that I still have some fat, but I'm ok with that. Us ladies need some.
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    I am 5'3" currently at 128 lbs I had to up mine cals to start losing again. Currently around 1700 and the weights coming off at a good steady pace. At this size you shouldn't aim for more than .5 a week. 1000 calorie diet will only cause a plateau and then eventually a gain
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    You're trying to lose a final/additional 10 pounds at a 2lb/week pace?

No. No no no. NOOOOOOO!!!!

*sigh*

IMHO, I think this is a bad idea...the short deadline, the rate of expected loss, even that you should try to lose 10 pounds at all (without any regard to body composition or health).
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    You're trying to lose a final/additional 10 pounds at a 2lb/week pace?

No. No no no. NOOOOOOO!!!!

*sigh*

IMHO, I think this is a bad idea...the short deadline, the rate of expected loss, even that you should try to lose 10 pounds at all (without any regard to body composition or health).

^^ all of this.

If you have a little bit of stubborn fat eat at a VERY small deficit (no more than TDEE-15%) and lift heavy weights. Start a barbell program with compound lifts like Starting Strength or Stronglifts. And be patient.

Be. Patient.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    In 2010 i was 126ish lbs and crashed to 116 in about 4 weeks due to the horrid *heartbreak diet*, consuming around 700-800 cals a day on average. I lost a few more lbs then maintained by eating 1000 on workout days and 1300 on gym days, 3 days a week and burning about 800 cals per session, then slowly increasing the calories.

I'm 5ft 2"

I'm 5'2" and on that diet as well. I'm not even netting, I don't think. :/ just heartbroken and anxious!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Lots of :heart: :heart: :heart: 's to everyone responding.
  • liznsmith
    liznsmith Posts: 240 Member
    Be tremendously careful about losing weight quickly. I went through a semester of hell during my last year of college. Due to stress I fell from 130 lbs to 95 lbs. I didn't mean to I was just too stressed to eat and sleep. It was HORRIFIC. I had to see a nutritionist to gain back the weight slowly and in a healthy manner. I'm 5'6 and looked disgusting at 95 lbs. My friends would ask me what diet I used and that disgusted me. I no longer felt like a woman but more like a weak little boy. I'm finally at a healthy weight. My point is, if you're already petite don't push yourself to go below your healthy BMI. You may think you look great but trust me, most guys are disgusted by it and you'll feel like crap.
  • sarahjalink
    sarahjalink Posts: 40 Member
    In 2010 i was 126ish lbs and crashed to 116 in about 4 weeks due to the horrid *heartbreak diet*, consuming around 700-800 cals a day on average. I lost a few more lbs then maintained by eating 1000 on workout days and 1300 on gym days, 3 days a week and burning about 800 cals per session, then slowly increasing the calories.

I'm 5ft 2"

I'm 5'2" and on that diet as well. I'm not even netting, I don't think. :/ just heartbroken and anxious!

*hugs* it bloody sucks but you must try and eat. All I could stomach was crisps and sugary drinks. Just try and think positive, that's how I got over it x
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    I've ignored all comments. I just wanted to say firstly, that when I cut out fast food, soda and the unhealthy snacking I end up eating right at 1000 cal. I've lost 17 lbs since starting mid February. That's roughly about a lb a week. I'm 5 ft. and trying to get to around 100lbs, or around 18-20% bf. whatever comes first.
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    You can lose 10lbs in 5 weeks if you have a lot more to lose.
    You cannot lose your last 10lbs that quickly.

I am 5'0 ft and I lose weight at 1800 Net, and with exercise I eat as much as 2,200 on a normal day.

Don't train your body to eat so little. Train it to eat well and burn.
    I do agree with this. Try to eat as clan as possible and stay active
  • Carlya87
    Carlya87 Posts: 19 Member
    Does anyone else around here who is the height range 5'0 to 5'4 annoyed by the term vanity weight for 10-15 lbs. I am 5'0 and at 129. I have 14 lbs to lose to be at goal weight and for me 14 lbs isn't a "vanity". That is my healthy weight set for my body type and I think 14 lbs is a lot.

Sorry, rant over.

1,000 calories isn't enough for anyone at any size. I agree with everyone and eat more calories. Starving yourself gives a high chance of binge and then weight gain.

Hello Meg, yes but im 5ft 3 so my 125lbs is your 118lbs so if you decide to lose 10 more llbs after that then they will be " vanity pounds". I am trying to bring my bmi from 22 to 20 which is a perfectly healthy weight loss for my height. I used to be that slim and i felt and looked much better!
  • sophianicol08
    sophianicol08 Posts: 3 Member
    Carlya87 wrote: »
    Hi I'm 5ft 3 and trying to lose 10-15 lbs I currently weight 125lbs .

I've started a 1000 calorie a day diet . Not excluding any food type , just calorie counting , I don't feel too hungry as long as I eat small things every few hours. I am hoping to lose minimum 10lbs in 5 weeks. Has anyone successfully done this? I would like advise from girls 5ft 3 or under who have successfully lost vanity pounds as I think taller people who are overweight would have completely different results when dieting .
    Carlya87 wrote: »
    Hi I'm 5ft 3 and trying to lose 10-15 lbs I currently weight 125lbs .

I've started a 1000 calorie a day diet . Not excluding any food type , just calorie counting , I don't feel too hungry as long as I eat small things every few hours. I am hoping to lose minimum 10lbs in 5 weeks. Has anyone successfully done this? I would like advise from girls 5ft 3 or under who have successfully lost vanity pounds as I think taller people who are overweight would have completely different results when dieting .

• sophianicol08
    sophianicol08 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi there

I am 5 ft 3” too, and I am 111 lbs. I was just under 120 lbs when I started trying to lose weight. I am currently on a 2000 calorie diet and it’s been working for me. I exercise everyday and I up my calorie intake depending on how many calories I burn each day.

I would suggest a more gradual calorie change. I think exercise is vital to lose weight. I am on my 2000 calorie diet but I have scheduled dance lessons at least twice a week for two hours, and I practice for around 30 minutes the 5 days that I don’t attend class.

I feel my strategy is working for me but I don’t have any time goals like you so for you I would recommend a 1900 calorie diet but the bottom line is make sure that you exercise at least 6 days a week for 30 minutes per day.

I suggest doing some dance workouts, you can find lots of them on YouTube. They’re really fun and burn a substantial amount of calories.

I would also suggest intermittent fasting as well. Personally, I start eating at 8am in the morning and have my dinner by 4pm. Right after dinner I like to have a keto bar (manufactured by the no sugar company), and it keeps me going until the next morning.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Zombie thread from 2013! Pretty sure the OP is either not around or hopefully has achieved her weight loss in the intervening 8 years!
  • candysashab88
    candysashab88 Posts: 71 Member
    i was thinking the same thing. I dont qualify for the vanity pounds sections but heck maybe someday soon! :-)
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    I know this is an old thread but just wanted to say I’m petite (5’ 4”) and I’ve done the whole crash dieting and eating only 1200 calories etc and it made my health so bad I’m still suffering! Now I’m eating 2000/2100 calories and losing weight. It’s taken me a long time to realise that it’s lifestyle not a short term fix.