Starting 17 Day Diet

Options
Hi everybody -

I'm going to be starting the 17 Day Diet tomorrow. My mom's doctor recommended that she start it, and I thought I'd join her and lend some support. Of course, I need the structure and healthy new habits myself.

If anyone else is on the diet, has been on it, or is just starting, I'd love to MFP friends.

Thanks,

Christy

Replies

• cindedee2
    cindedee2 Posts: 1
    Options
    christy,
    I've been on the 17-day diet since Easter. I"ve lost 23 lbs. I have a pretty slow metabolism, so it's exciting that this diet is actually working.
    The first few days of any new routine are the hardest.
    My tips would be
    -- be sure to stock up on lots of veggies and lean protein, low-fat yogurt, and the fruits you like.
    -- try freezing a few cartons of low-fat yogurt...non fruity varieties...so you have an after 2pm, or after dinner snack handy. The consistency is kind of like a gelato. I like Lemon.
    The first 17 days really break your cravings for carbs, so much so that I was a little afraid to go on to the next phase, but I found if I keep the carbs to early in the day, like a FiberOne multigrain english muffin with 1/4 cup egg beater florentine sandwich for breakfast, or 1/2 cup whole wheat spaghetti mixed up with bunches of veggies and parm. cheese for lunch. I can manage the cravings. If I eat them later in the day, I get the munchies for chips and all the bad things. So eat them early in the day, like you would for fruit.

Good luck!!
    Cindy