Healthiest Protein Powder

Options
jkb1129
jkb1129 Posts: 45 Member
Hi all,

I eat a mostly vegetarian diet and was looking to incorporate some protein powder into my meals -- I know I'll be drinking a lot of smoothies in the coming months with all of the fresh fruit available, and thought this would be an easy way to add protein in. I have seen some protein powders with lots of additives. I really don't want that. I'm looking for the "cleanest" stuff there is -- if it's organic that's an added bonus.

I really appreciate your help as I'm a total newbie when it comes to protein powder.

Thanks very much!

Replies

• DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I would stick with a good company such as optimum nutrition"Gold standard"
    Many of these are not regulated by the FDA and ON has been shown to have the least amount of heavy metals.

Some people have done protein analysis and ON also has the highest percentage on what it claims to have. most of these companies only have 60% protein to their claim.

There has also been no benefit of organic vs non-organic.
    As human beings that take anti-biotics and vaccines we are not organic anymore, then again... we live longer than people who dont take medication at all

This is not considering "animal rights" of course that is more associated with organic food.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I got some organic one... and it actually tastes good too. Teras whey is the name.