New here!

Options
I've never really done this before, this whole join-an-online-community and keep a food diary thing. I've never really been fat. Even now, I guess I don't *look* that big, but I am still unhealthy. I'm 5'8, weigh 207lbs, and wear a size 14. That's unacceptable to me. I want to get healthy while I am still young so hopefully the healthy habits will continue on for the rest of my life. I don't want to be a vegetable when I'm old. I want to be able to do things.

I guess my reason for joining is that seeing what I'm eating in a day is a wake up call, and also I don't have a lot of support from friends. None of them are really into exercise, and while they try to eat healthy, they're not doing much to actively try and get into shape.

Replies

• daisiesinmay
    daisiesinmay Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm like you in that I carry my extra weight really well. My starting point was just a touch higher than yours, but I have wider hips/thighs so I've had to go up to size 18. And being 5'10 makes it really hard to find pants that are longs and big in stores. Lots of luck to you! Finding friends online will definitely help keep you coming back for more!