Back on track

Options
Last year I lost a bit more than 40 lbs and have managed to gain 23 back again. I need to get back on track and lose this so I am at goal weight again. Looking for motivation and support and encouragement. I used to walk for miles and do workout DVDs but have developed problems with my heel so I cannot walk or do those types of DVDs now. I am trying to get into riding my stationary bike instead but it is somehow not the same.

Replies

• vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Congrats on coming back. I don't know how bad the heel situation is, but you may want to look into spinning classes at a local gym. That is an intense, vigorous workout with enormous health benefits beyond just losing weight.

You may be able to do actual weight lifting in ways that don't impact your heel. The benefits are just monster as well.

Good luck on your journey!
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I finally came to the decision, that I am not on a diet to lose weight. I know realize, I have to lose weight and keep my eating in check, or I will gain it right back again. Last year I lost 15 lbs. It was slow, but at least I did lose. My brother got sick (is now terminally ill), it knocked me for a loop. I stopped logging and started eating. I finally started a couple of weeks ago to get my eating in control. So I know where you are coming from. I am older--62. If you want some older friends, feel free to add me to your list. Losing 40 LBS!!! IS UNBELIEVEABLE !!! You can do this!:flowerforyou:
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm not very motivated to get out and exercise unless I have someone with me. It's a struggle.
  • mkkhoza
    mkkhoza Posts: 79
    Options
    Hi there,
    yes i too would recommend some weight lifting. I fell and twisted both ankles pretty badly about 4 weeks ago now and they are still tender. I have not been able to do the running, jumping that i used to do but i can still hit the weights pretty hard (I do stronglifts 5x5) and i have discovered the rowing machine which is a killer cardio machine and my ankles are fine with it. I'm not sure how a heel would do in it :)

Anyways best to you. Feel free to add me...i log in calories and excercise most every day and am very determined to achieve my goals!

-Cheers!
    MK
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your heel! I really enjoy the Joel Harper workout DVDs - not much standing/running bouncing but constant motion and you can take it up a level easily, and you can do it without shoes.

A trainer once suggested floor rolls - try to get up off the floor without using one arm or one leg, or the alternates, and repeat 10, 20, 30 times, as long as you can. It feels silly to do it but it does get your heart going quickly.
  • DMJS
    DMJS Posts: 46
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs then gained it all back. I can't do this!!! I'm to short to be this big! Family reunion in 6 weeks and wedding in 12 months. I'm going to do this. I'm finding the phone app to be very helpful and a lot of fun. STAY AWAY FROM RED ROBIN!!! way too many calories per plate.
  • scentednights2002
    Options
    Thanks. I don't have a membership at a gym but I'll see what ours offers. I'm more a work out in private so you don't look silly kind of person :)
  • scentednights2002
    Options
    Thanks! I'm 46 so believe me you are not that much older LOL. I'll definitely add you. I could use support.
  • scentednights2002
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion!
  • mita5
    mita5 Posts: 5
    Options
    hellp i have been on fitness pal since last october got off went to other sites which are goood but had a death in family now iam depress miss her so much she was my sister in law but more of a sister than anything i do feel all alone even thou hubby kids and grandkids make my life but i have no one to talk with personally i cant tell hubby everything . anyway i kind of get confused with the numbers i know i need to consume 1700 burn 2430 but not sure of the deficit it shows here that i will lose 1 lb a week i need to lose 2 lbs a week i just need to eat healthier i buy the healthy things but instead i eat what hubby cooks oh he cooks good reason of overweight i love pizza aand cheese and bread if you can tell me how bad is that cuz i could cut down on the pizza but not the bread or cheese anyways as i was saying my burn number is 2430 and my consume calories is 1700 how about when i workout i love the gym and havent gone since the death now i have a swollen foot got hurt should i try the bike stationary oh i love that if you change the level every three minutes well this makes it more intense at 3 min i do level 3 at 5 min i do level 5 at 7 main i do level 7 then at 9 min i do level 9 the at 10 min i go down to level seven then level 5 theni start up again for the next 5 min then down for next 5 til i do 30 minutes a good calorie burner hope this works for you hoping to become friends if ok with you