Options
    i speak the language of NOM very well.

You speak "NOM NOM", too? I :heart: you! NOM NOM NOM

How YOU doin :)

Dutch well, German poorly, read Spanish and Portuguese passably
  • MaraPN
    MaraPN Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Dutch, English, Surinam and a bit of German French Spanish and Portuguese.
  • mfanyafujo
    mfanyafujo Posts: 232 Member
    Options

If I stayed in the area I was in down in FL when I was little I would be fluent in Swahili O.o

Where? I've been trying to find a Kenyan/Tanzanian community in Florida, been failing thus far.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options

If I stayed in the area I was in down in FL when I was little I would be fluent in Swahili O.o

Where? I've been trying to find a Kenyan/Tanzanian community in Florida, been failing thus far.

Miami, actually. Don't remember the name :L Sorry!
  • mfanyafujo
    mfanyafujo Posts: 232 Member
    Options

Miami, actually. Don't remember the name :L Sorry!

I guess that makes sense; Miami's pretty diverse. I'll have to keep an eye out next time I'm down there. Got to find my Swahili peeps!
  • juliana0813
    juliana0813 Posts: 49
    Options
    Ich kann ziemlich sehr gut Deutsch sprechen weil ich in Österreich gelebt habe und mein freund kommt aus Deutschland!
    (I can speak pretty good German because I lived in Austria and my boyfriend is German!)
    Also I speak English, obviously. :-)
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Ich kann ziemlich sehr gut Deutsch sprechen weil ich in Österreich gelebt habe und mein freund kommt aus Deutschland!
    (I can speak pretty good German because I lived in Austria and my boyfriend is German!)
    Also I speak English, obviously. :-)

Show off! lol
  • juliana0813
    juliana0813 Posts: 49
    Options
    I couldn't help it! :p
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Have almost mastered Engrish. Beyond that, I took a couple years of Spanish in high school, but it could probably only help me find a bathroom at this point. Speak some Hebrew, and have started taking Arabic (just the VERY beginner class so far).
  • PiCkLeLuV
    PiCkLeLuV Posts: 274
    Options
    I speak english and I know bullsh** when I hear it. :laugh:
  • jlt5425
    jlt5425 Posts: 19
    Options
    ingles y espanol
  • AnDiallo
    AnDiallo Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    French is my first language and I speak English also.
    I learnt russian and german at school.
  • justjennnie
    justjennnie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I speak Chinese (Mandarin) and sometimes Engrish. :-D
  • bleedingdesu
    bleedingdesu Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    English, Japanese, and currently learning Danish.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    languages I'm not that bad at:

native language: English

French - I can understand a lot of it and make myself understood to quite a high level, as in I can have a conversation in it, but my grammar and pronunciation is pretty dire. And I suck very badly at writing french. Well I can write it but the spelling is dire.

Arabic - pretty basic but I can read and write Arabic. I can make myself understood going out and about in Arabic countries... have lived in Arabic speaking countries for the past 5.5 years

languages I'm supposed to be trying to learn:

German - I'm a beginner and i also did 1 year of German at school. My husband wants to go and live in Germany after we're done living in the Arabian Gulf so he's told me to learn German. I'm mostly doing phonics at the moment because I'm dyslexic and I don't have a hope in hell of learning to read and write in German unless I spend a lot of time studying the phonics without worrying about other things at the same time like grammar and vocab. It's easier than English phonics although there's some irregularity, i.e. 2-3 ways to write some sounds, although all sounds are read the same way so reading is easier than spelling. I haven't even tried learning to spell German yet.

langauges I know a few words/phrases of:

welsh
    zulu
    afrikaans
    spanish
    old English (as in the language of the Anglo-Saxons... Shakespeare's English is actually early modern English, even though most people think of it as "old English" - it's not)
    esperanto - in fact I can say "please could you send for the hall porter, there appears to be a frog in my bidet" in esperanto

ETA: and Hebrew... I forgot about that one. I've probably forgotten about one or two others in the "know a few words/phrases of" category
  • QueenGyn
    QueenGyn Posts: 106
    Options
    Mother tongue is Filipino but can speak and read some native dialects as well. My second language is English and I know basic Japanese & Korean. :smile:
  • missmarjushka
    missmarjushka Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Russian, English, Italian, Chinese