27, never married and no kids?

Options

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Almost 25, married, no kids and never going to have any. While my friends are fretting over college savings funds, I'd rather fret over getting to multiple countries before I'm 50. And there's always adoption if we change our minds. I don't feel the need to have my "own" children.

Although I'd like to have more furry babies. :bigsmile:

Nicely done. Yeah, we're also enjoying travel and the kid-free life and our 13 year old dog-cat Maximus (he thinks he's a dog).
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Not weird at all. Personally I think 30+ is a good time to get married just because you and your partner have had time to really figure your self out mentally, emotionally and financially. I mean if you make it work younger good for you but I have NEVER seen a young married couple last more than 5-10 years.

That comment is so annoying.

I was married at 20 and hubby was 24. We have 3 kids ages almost 10, 7 and 5 and we just celebrated 11 years of marriage. And we have an awesome marriage!

I think the comment was pretty accurate. Divorce rates for those 18 and under are nearly double those of the 25 and older crowd. The younger you are, the more likely you are to be divorced. Just be happy you're the exception.

I was married at 17, he was 18. Still married 43 years later. You have to work real hard not to become part of the statistics, we're still working on it.
  • mzfiyaa
    mzfiyaa Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    No dont feel that u need to be in a rush to have kids or even be married...im turning 30 in august im not married and no kids,,,,im engaged but heaven knows only when we will actually tie the knot.....anyone feel free to add me....i encourage healthy living
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    What! And give up my beautiful body! No way, don't want kids! I'm 41 and have been married for 15 years, but hubby and I are both teachers and see more than enough of children. We've got lots of animals, though.
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Me too! I freaking hate kids. Never met one I liked even a smidge.
  • Giovanna_Isabella_Santarelli
    Options
    Not weird @ all :flowerforyou:

I married at the age of 23, divorced at the age of 30, no kids!
    I am now 35 years old & single by choice... i felt trapped during my marriage & NO he wasn't a bad guy, we just grew apart & i wanted out... i love being alone but i do want to eventually settle down again but i am in no hurry because i've decided that i don't want to have kids.

Enjoy your life... single or married... it is your choice...
  • kayleefrye2012
    Options
    Not weird at all. Personally I think 30+ is a good time to get married just because you and your partner have had time to really figure your self out mentally, emotionally and financially. I mean if you make it work younger good for you but I have NEVER seen a young married couple last more than 5-10 years.

That comment is so annoying.

I was married at 20 and hubby was 24. We have 3 kids ages almost 10, 7 and 5 and we just celebrated 11 years of marriage. And we have an awesome marriage!

I think the comment was pretty accurate. Divorce rates for those 18 and under are nearly double those of the 25 and older crowd. The younger you are, the more likely you are to be divorced. Just be happy you're the exception.

I got married IN high school age 18 We have not had any problems...(yet) and my parents got married at 18 and they lasted 25 years together. I believe it can happen it just depends where your from and who you are talking about. If the person is cheating and stuff...well yeah they are gonna get a divorce. Me and My husband still live like college students and all and we love it.
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hey, gonna be 26 this next month.

Asexual, aromantic, and childfree.

That translates into no marriage and no babies. Haha. :heart: So no, you aren't alone. A lot of people on MFP are women trying to be healthy moms and drop baby weight (makes sense) so I can definitely see why you might not relate. I certainly don't. XD
  • IamBlackMamba
    IamBlackMamba Posts: 229
    Options
    I hate the face that this is getting so much air time and is such an issue. Your choice is your choice, your path is your path.

Why question if you are weird b/c of the life you live. It's yours to live the way you want is it not?
  • faedreamer1
    faedreamer1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 and am not a parent. I was married once, but that was to a man and I feel like pre-coming out stuff doesn't count. :) No plans for my partner of 7 years and I to marry, even though it's legal in our state now. Certainly no plans for kids. We have a pair of twin niecelings we'd rather spoil and adore and then hand back to their parents. Also, our hands are full with the furry kidlets, our 2 kitties.
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I feel like the odd man out with my group of friends. They are mostly all in their early 20s, not married, and they don't have children. I, on the other hand, am married, 22, and have a baby boy. So, I know how you feel about being the odd man out except I'm on the other side of the fence. :smile:
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    24, no kids, in a long-term but unstable relationship. I highly doubt I'll be married by 27, and I definitely won't have kids - don't want them, ever.

Most of my FL is moms, and while they're awesome people, there's a lot I can't relate to. I wouldn't mind a few friends in the same boat I'm in.
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You're not weird! Some people just don't want kids, some don't ever want to get married even if they get into a long term relationship. It's all good. To each their own!
  • Michael74Czyzewski
    Options
    i know why most of you arent married. I dont think it was a choice, lmao
  • bevtyndall
    bevtyndall Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I was 27 when I had my first girlfriend.

Unfortunately, women are up against the old biological clock. If you are planning on having children, by 30 you should be having a plan for that. Between 30 and 40 your fertility rates decline a lot, and your chances of problems go up.
    Thats why so many owomen that wait to have kids in there late thirties and fourties have so many fertility problems from waiting to late to settle down.
  • poe510
    poe510 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Never say never! You're only 27, so relax and take life as it comes.
  • IamBlackMamba
    IamBlackMamba Posts: 229
    Options
    i know why most of you arent married. I dont think it was a choice, lmao

Classy.
  • Starzy696
    Starzy696 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Im 32 and never been married and no kids. :)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I think it's weird.
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    42 here, never married, no kids, and happy. To each their own! :)