Looking for online support - fairly new to the site

Options
Hello, I started using this site awhile back and then got caught up in life. Then someone reminded me of the site. I have now been back on the site for about 3 weeks and I have only lost 2 lbs but a total of 13. I get frustrated bc I am not losing. I can tell I am losing even if scales are not budging because my clothes are loose and falling off lol. Just curious if others feel the same way? I'm still going to go at it and keep working on getting healthy.

Mother of 4, grandmother of 4, great grandmother of 6. (I am 40 years old). Homeschool my girls ages 13 and 15. I am an Author, a freelance outdoor writer and in the beginning of an acting career..haha ok I act as a hobby :) Recently in Charlotte's Web and currently working on Music Man.

It is genetically set that I will be short and fat forever. I really hate hearing those words and I am setting out to change that ridiculous stereotype. Just bc I come from a family of large people doesn't mean I have to let it control my outcome..right? :)

Looking for others to give me online support to keep going.

Replies

• royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome back to MFP. I love this place because everyone is on the same mind frame to reach their goals of fitness and health.
    My name is Yvette and I have battled being obese all my life. Losing weight and gaining it right back. I started at 227lbs and my current weight is 165 lbs. I am striving to meet my goal and lose the last 15 lbs of my weight, but I know that I have to continue this lifestyle forever if I don't want to ever return to the old me. I am on here a lot to keep myself motivated and give support and encourgement. Lets encourage and help one another on this weightloss and fitness journey to a healthier us.
  • kay12810
    kay12810 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello!

I'm fairly new to the site as well, and like you I have "obesity in the family." In my family all the women are overweight, except one family member with health issues. So I know how you feel! I told my father that I would not let myself listen to something as ridiculous as genetics when it comes to weight! I was fairly healthy until I got pregnant with my children and from there my weight went WAY up! I'm making small goals currently. My current mini-goal is to get back down in the 100s. From there I want to lose about 50-60 more pounds.

I'm also looking for support in all of this and have a lot to lose! I hope to encourage you along your journey to a healthier you!