1st Goal Stage Achieved - Weight Loss for 1/2 Marathon

Options
I joined MFP to help me get back into shape in a short period of time to do a walking 1/2 marathon in Fargo, N.D. May 18, 2013.

I lost 13 lbs :happy: that I needed to take off to get back into 1/2 marathon condition as well as also including strength training and my regular training schedule for 4 months starting in February.

I did my walking half marathon yesterday ... 3 hours 31 minutes and 41 seconds ...... in 91% humidity ... that is a pace of 4 miles per hour which is my fastest recorded time ever for long distance!:drinker:

A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who posts about weight loss when combined with weight/strength training ... it helped so very much.. especially about how critical the rest days. :flowerforyou:

I was amazed how much energy I had at the end of the race .... I was flying over the finish line !!

This is my 5th year of doing fitness walking and my 2nd 1/2 marathon, however after 4 months of being seriously physically challenged to do anything... this was the hardest that I have ever had to work to get back into long distance walking shape and I couldn't have done it without MFP!!

I am onto my 2nd goal stage:

- to lose 20 lbs in the next year

- and do walking 1/2 marathon in 3 hours

Diane
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!