Peanut butter - good or bad for weight loss??

Options
13»

Replies

• harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. Almond butter.

LOVE IT!

healthy fat, some nice protein, it's DELISH and satisfying. I have some everyday.

the key word: SOME. Not a jar. It's part of my food, my life.

My faves? crunchy

Maranatha no-stir almond butter
    Smuckers Natural or Laura Scudder's natural peanut butter

I always have a jar of each in my pantry at all times. YUMMMM
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I have eaten Peanut Butter darn near everyday through my entire Weight Loss, the most important part is maintaining a caloric deficit. Best of Luck
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^ same here... Pbj every night.. It's ok in moderation, most things are.. Most important thing is to hit your numbers
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, a tablespoon of peanut butter per day is good for fat loss. On the other hand, a jar per day is probably not good for fat loss.
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I eat it nearly every day...
    32lbs down since the beginning of August!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    bad...because if you are like me, I will eat the whole jar in 24 hours...so bad ...and regular peanut butter with sugar not healthy, natural peanut butter yes in moderation.
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I've started making my own, it's fab

good fats, bit of protein, lovely story :tongue:
  • janinab75
    janinab75 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    To avoid the fat factor you can get the powdered stuff to mix into things like shakes and oatmeal. PB2, there's also a chocolate variety, it's really good on chocolate ice cream too!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Peanutbutter may be high in fat, BUT it's healthy fats! No need at all to avoid it. You're body NEEDS fats for your nerves, brain function, and it also fights depression.

Peanutbutter is not only nutrient dense, but it takes a smaller amount to feel satisfied.
    Choice a peanutbutter that has only 2 ingredients: PEANUTS and SALT.

Learn the difference between Saturated Fats, which affect your cholesteral.

and MonoUnSaturated, PolyUnSaturated and Omega 3s, are good for you.

A good guideline is that if the fat is liquid at room temperature then won't clog your arteries, if it's solid it will.
  • Texafornia23
    Texafornia23 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    It's high in monounsaturated and Polyunsaturated fatswhich are the good kinds, and the suturated fats aren't high enough that I worry about them. It's high in protein, gives a bit of potassium, and most types are 0 cholesterol. So I'm pretty firmly in the "Good in Moderation" camp.

Plus it ranks with bacon in terms of sheer culinary awesomeness. So there's that.