Hello All!

Options
cabrzama
cabrzama Posts: 24 Member
This is my first day at MFP! I was using Lose It app on my iPod and found it helpful, but not as good as this one appears to be.

I began my new lifestyle in Feb. 2009. I was 255 lbs (about 65 lbs overweight). It was getting harder to hide my weight and my dad told me that he had first noticed the signs of diabetes when he was about mid-40s. At the time I was 39 and just made up my mind that I was not going to let diabetes rule my life any longer than I could possibly let it.

About the same time (Feb 09) I found a podcast that really put things into perspective for me, really changed me, called "Fat2Fit Radio". The guiding principle they hammer home is to live the lifestyle of the person you want to become and you will eventually become that person. Pretty simple and straight forward, but it resinated with me and changed my entire view of dieting and fitness.

So, after "living the lifestyle of the person I want to become," I am now down about 42 lbs--weighed in this morning at 213.6 and a body fat of 21. Would like to get to 190 and a body fat of 17 (maybe ultimately 15).

I joined MFP because of F2F Radio's endorsement the other day and also because I really need to shake things up. I have been in a plateau for about two months now. I've tried a number of things to shake it and am trying a few more (including joining this group) to see if I can't finish this weight loss off and move on with my new lifestyle.

Replies

• TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on your weight loss so far. Hopefully MFP will help you break that plateau.
  • lilay
    lilay Posts: 122
    Options
    Welcome!! Good Luck, I hope MFP helps:)