Why am I still hungry? Urgent Help!

Options
I ate roughly the equivalent of 2500 calories today more or less...Here's an idea of what I ate:

Almonds -several handfuls (lightly salted)

salad with low calorie dressing (no cheese)

can of mixed vegetables

2 bowls of multi-grain cheerios with almond milk

spoonful of peanut butter

2 slices of wheat bread with strawberry jelly (all natural)

big bowl of ice cream

8 mini peanut butter cups approx.

handful of grapes

half a special k cereal bar vanilla

3 bottles of water plus some I drink from the tap...(plenty)

2 cups of black coffee in the AM

1 cup of peppermint tea in the evening...(to keep me full which obviously doesn't really work)

Workouts:

55 minutes burlesque by jazzercise

44 minutes hip hop dance off the inches

55 minutes tae bo billy blanks fat blast routine

10 minute walk

+ a mcdonald's smoothie blueberry-pomegranate medium 270 calories

I didn't workout 'that' much, so why was I so starved. My stomach is FLAT. And I'm getting weird chest pains. Thank you for your time!

Replies

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is a real or a troll thread, um...

Well, if it's real and you have chest pin, go see a doctor, not random people on internet.

Then, that's way too much exercise and too much cbad carbs, not enough protein and good fats.
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    add some fruits and veggies and good fats and proteins to your diet its not a wonder you are Hungry all you have eaten most of the day is BAD carbs
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I saw in one of your other posts that you are/were anorexic. I don't know for how long, but you should really be speaking to a medical professional about this.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Because the water you're taking in is not being absorbed due to the caffeine in your diet... drink more water.
  • Coolchameleon
    Options
    I figured the smoothie and mixed veggies were 'good' carbs...that's what I had BEFORE the junk. I guess I should cut all junk out huh? Thank you.
  • musenchild
    musenchild Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You need some fiber and protein. The blood sugar spikes from what you had today are probably what's making you feel hungry. A big salad with lots of veggies, some beans, and some healthy fat like olive oil or avocado should do the trick.
  • Coolchameleon
    Options
    I'm not anorexic. Where'd did you 'see' that?
  • Coolchameleon
    Options
    That sounds good thank you
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    It isn't a balanced diet and there is no need to over exercise. Add in lots of veggies, some fruit, lots of protein.. things like cottage cheese and yogurt will bump it up a lot..lots of water/herbal teas/ even a little tea and coffee helps with hunger and one think i like that many don't agree with but diet jelly has tons of protein for little calories. Up to you if you think the fake sugar is ok but from what I learned it's ok in moderation from studies shown on here.
  • Coolchameleon
    Options
    I saw in one of your other posts that you are/were anorexic. I don't know for how long, but you should really be speaking to a medical professional about this.

I'm not anorexic. Not sure where you read that.
  • Coolchameleon
    Options
    It isn't a balanced diet and there is no need to over exercise. Add in lots of veggies, some fruit, lots of protein.. things like cottage cheese and yogurt will bump it up a lot..lots of water/herbal teas/ even a little tea and coffee helps with hunger and one think i like that many don't agree with but diet jelly has tons of protein for little calories. Up to you if you think the fake sugar is ok but from what I learned it's ok in moderation from studies shown on here.

I'll try more veggies...I'm a vegetarian so protein is pretty tough though :/ Thank you!
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this post :) I'm a former anorexic -well, mostly-and it is so vital that people understand the risks of low-cal diets. Our organs need a certain amount of food to function...take that away and you are looking at headaches, dizziness, fatigue, even weight-stalling from starvation mode...which is why people in Africa have pot-bellies from only getting a few meals every week. Thanks again!

maybe this??

but, in the event that this post is sincere, a lot of the food choices you listed are not going to be high volume, just high calorie. essentially, a sugar spike and less food in your stomach. try high volume foods (ie salad greens) or dense food (ie legumes) to carry you through the day.
  • Coolchameleon
    Options
    Because the water you're taking in is not being absorbed due to the caffeine in your diet... drink more water.

I didn't know coffee did that. thanks!
  • amandaanderson2786
    amandaanderson2786 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i always feel more full when i eat lots of veggies and i try to eat protien at every meal even snacks and i try to stay away from simple carbs and eat complex carbs and i feel satisfied for breakfast i try to mix good carbs with good protien like greek yogurt or eggs yummy!!! you should hopefully feel fuller longer if you satisfy your body with healthier choices :flowerforyou:
  • chelseybennett1
    chelseybennett1 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You ate a lot of junk food and no protein. Your almonds, PB, sandwich, grapes and veg were good. The rest was all junk. All calories aren't created equal.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

I'm not anorexic. Not sure where you read that.

Probably from the topic "People eating low cal to maintain weight, read!" where you said you were a former anorexic-well mostly-
  • Coolchameleon
    Options
    Thank you so much for this post :) I'm a former anorexic -well, mostly-and it is so vital that people understand the risks of low-cal diets. Our organs need a certain amount of food to function...take that away and you are looking at headaches, dizziness, fatigue, even weight-stalling from starvation mode...which is why people in Africa have pot-bellies from only getting a few meals every week. Thanks again!

maybe this??

but, in the event that this post is sincere, a lot of the food choices you listed are not going to be high volume, just high calorie. essentially, a sugar spike and less food in your stomach. try high volume foods (ie salad greens) or dense food (ie legumes) to carry you through the day.

Yeah, "former", sorry about that. I thought you assumed I still was or something. I'll definitely cut back on the sweets/sugar and try more greens and legumes. Thank you :)
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options

I hope you got the answers to this question. I am starting to wonder about this poster, but good luck to you.

maybe this??

• amandaanderson2786
    amandaanderson2786 Posts: 95 Member
    Options

I'll try more veggies...I'm a vegetarian so protein is pretty tough though :/ Thank you!
    try soy nuts or edamame also greek yogurt great sources of protien:smile:
  • Coolchameleon
    Options
    i always feel more full when i eat lots of veggies and i try to eat protien at every meal even snacks and i try to stay away from simple carbs and eat complex carbs and i feel satisfied for breakfast i try to mix good carbs with good protien like greek yogurt or eggs yummy!!! you should hopefully feel fuller longer if you satisfy your body with healthier choices :flowerforyou:

Thanks!