Lost 55 lbs - Looking for new buddies to discuss how-to

Well hello there you lovely people!

At the start of the year I told myself that I could never weigh over 315+ pounds again in my life (this has been my heaviest) and since then I have dropped 55 lbs! No fad diets, no gimmicks, no detox...just straight (fairly) healthy eating and exercise!

I found that it's a true lifestyle change that needs to happen in order for change to arise. I have gone 90% vegetarian (still eat seafood and fish on occasion but cut out everything else) and allow myself to eat sweets/not so healthy food once in awhile so to avoid binge eating. Also, the gym? Doesn't do it for me. I get bored easily! So I decided to turn my heart, head and feet to Mother Nature. Needless to say, I have worked my way up to hiking/jogging 4-8 miles a day, yoga daily, and can even handle long treks uphill!

This post is not to gloat - it is to give people the motivation that they perhaps need to hear. That is IS possible.

If anyone would like to talk about their struggles (I struggled with weigh my ENTIRE life, always being the big girl) and possible solutions then let's chat! I would love to offer advice and give people some helpful tools.

You CAN do it! :) Believe in yourself! Your body is your temple, don't be burdened by it.

Replies

• NirvaniTeasley
    NirvaniTeasley Posts: 138 Member
    Wonderful! And you are a lovely woman...I am on the journey myself...I have often said if I can do so can you! I have fought many an uphill battle, but with determination it can be done! I did not like the gym either. I took up belly dancing and it was my saving grace. Thank you for the inspiration!

Love&Light,
    Nirvani
  • sgbarber87
    sgbarber87 Posts: 3
    Nirvani,

Thank you for the kind words! I've been looking to get into belly dancing myself! Have you tried Zumba or other dancing classes?

Keep on fighting the good fight! Your body will love you for it.

S