I feel horrible. Stupid food binge.

Options
So, a friends wife brought down a huge bag of pastries and focacia bread from Panera Bread. Being starved since work was too busy to eat I immediately downed a cheese danish, a peanut butter cookie and (hangs head in shame) an entire thing of focacia bread.

Needless to say, I feel like a failure and kind of sick. :(

Replies

• what_lola_wants
    what_lola_wants Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Jog it off !
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Was it within your calorie goal? Lol do some exercise to off set it...:tongue:
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Log it and adjust this next week to compensate. Take 50-100 cal away from each day and add in extra exercise for the week. It will balance out. Remember this is life. Roll with it.
  • Angelwings1967
    Options
    We all end up binging. You'd have to be a robot to never give in sometimes. Just chalk it up to a lesson learned and try to eat super clean tomorrow.:smile:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Take a nap.
  • JustCallMeTori
    JustCallMeTori Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Still have 5 hours of work to go. BUT I get to hit the gym then and I fully plan on a good long jog!
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Its done now, and no you're not a failure, you're human. This is what we do, until we learn not to do it anymore.
    Keep a protein bar in your handbag for emergencies, and know that you don't have to resort to stuffing your face.
    We've all done it and we'd be liars if we said we haven't.
    And be up front and tell your friend you don't eat that stuff anymore, and you don't want to hurt her feelings by refusing after she's already bought them, so could she please not buy that stuff and bring it over anymore.
    Now drop and give me 20!!!!!
  • affacat
    affacat Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    We all end up binging. You'd have to be a robot to never give in sometimes. Just chalk it up to a lesson learned and try to eat super clean tomorrow.:smile:

wait. nobody told me i was a robot.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    No offense but a Panera binge is a total win in my book:drinker:

Tomorrow is another day, just carry a healthy snack in your purse so that it wont happen again.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    There's a critical lesson here... make healthy food and take it to work. Take a lunch and a snack.

I take a lunch of brown rice, lentils, and veggies, plus a snack of an apple or a boiled egg. I cook enough rice and lentils on Sunday night to cover several days worth of lunches so I can put them together in 5 minutes. I also take a 32 oz, bottle of water with lemon slices. Water fills me up and curbs my hunger.

Getting hungry is my downfall, too. I can't afford to get hungry or I will eat whatever is in front of me.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options

And be up front and tell your friend you don't eat that stuff anymore, and you don't want to hurt her feelings by refusing after she's already bought them, so could she please not buy that stuff and bring it over anymore.
    Now drop and give me 20!!!!!

Good advice... tell your friend you don't eat that stuff anymore....
  • JustCallMeTori
    JustCallMeTori Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sad thing is, there was healthy food in the fridge because I prepared it all. I guess that's why I feel so absolutely horrible with food guilt. I'm a 911 operator and am often tied to my chair without a break if it's busy. I messed up and forgot to go to the kitchen and bring some sort of healthy meal out at the start of the shift prior to the insanity broke loose (fight after fight call, stabbing and an attempted escape from the jail). Soooo, when she brought in the food and sat it arms length from the desk...well....you know.

Seriously looking forward to the gym. That's for sure! :)
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    I don't remember who posted it, but a few weeks back, I read the most insightful response to a binge post ever. It was something like, "remember that time when you were heavy and accidentally ate too few calories and woke up thin the next morning?"

That simple sarcastic post has helped me so much. One day isn't going to make that much difference. You've gotten great advice and support. Do some exercise and be under the next week or so. It balances. I try to stay under a few hundred calories to offset the inevitable times I will go over.
  • emerhxox
    emerhxox Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, first time poster! You're being very tough on yourself, these slips happen. All you can do, is remember the feeling you have now, and it will hold you back a bit the next time a food binge opportunity presents itself. Tomorrow is a new day, please start fresh tomorrow and let go of the guilt. (If I had to listen to 911 calls all day, it would make me very very thankful that my main stress is food, and not a terrible incident like you hear every day). Head up, you're doing great.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

Call me a robot then. I don't binge, never have.
  • theedge56
    theedge56 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    There are 3 types of lapses: Lapse, relapse, and collapse

You had a momentary lapse just move forward so it isn't a relapse or total collapse
  • justjennnie
    justjennnie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    don't feel horrible. remember that this is a lifetime change. one day isn't going to hurt your long term goal. that said- just be mindful of your next few days. and try to keep snacks in your bag, in your car so you can grab a healthy bite when you are hungry so enticing naughty foods don't seem so, well enticing. :)
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    You're good. We always get to start a new day and can make better choices next time. Sometimes Panera is just too hard to say no to :D
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Please don't feel like a failure! We all have days (or weeks) when we don't make the healthiest food choices. It's a plan for life, and sometimes life bites back :embarassed:

Just chalk it up to experience and carry on as normal tomorrow :wink:
  • Agannon0728
    Agannon0728 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had an awful weekend.. at least yours was just a few snacks!! We went out of town for a friends bday and it all went downhill from there.. defiently wasnt worth it!!!!