College girl looking for new weight-loss friends! :)

Options
Hey there! I'm Sarah, a 20 year old college student who is looking to get healthy and lose about 100 lbs. The big thing that pushed me to finally start this weight loss journey is that I am transferring to a new (really big!) college in the Fall from a local community school and I really want a fresh start! I'd like to start my year feeling confident and healthy, and I hope that this website will help me to accomplish my goals.

My biggest issue is that I am a serious junk food eater. I am always snacking on something unhealthy and I've finally realized how much it is hurting me. I'm also a vegetarian, so my biggest challenge is going to be finding new healthy foods I enjoy that don't involve any sort of meat. Right now I'm embarrassed to admit that the main things I eat are pasta, bread, junk food, and a little bit of fruit. I know, it's bad!

If you're in a similar situation to me, or would just like to chat, feel free to add me as a friend and talk to me on here any time! I'm new here, so I could really use some friends!! :)

Replies

• DJHudgins
    DJHudgins Posts: 172
    Options
    Hola!! :) Feel free to add me as a friend. I log on everyday and would be glad to chat and offer support :). Junk food can be tricky. I am not a vegetarian, but I do eat vegetarian meals from time to time :). Look forward to hearing from you!
  • lepipster94
    Options
    Hello! I'm a 19 yr old student who just joined this past summer and am finally getting back on after dropping my fitness plan when I started my college freshman year. I'm thinking about going vegetarian and losing about 20 pounds this summer (at least I'll try!) I'm a motivator too and would love to talk about exercise plans just to get me going.

My whole family has run or is beginning to run, and in high school I jumped on the bandwagon. And when I say everybody, I mean EVERYBODY - grandparents, aunts, uncles, little cousins, my parents and brother. I'm looking for healthy alternatives to exercise after realizing it's not always my cup of tea.

I love trying all sorts of new foods, but that's exactly my downfall - I don't know how unhealthy some things are.
    But I want to try one last time.
    Let's be healthy buddies!
  • mxlupus
    mxlupus Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm going back to college too, so I do understand why you want to lose weight so badly. I feel the same way. I just made this account today, I used MFP two years ago to help with my first weight loss (240lbs to 199lbs), but since I let myself go over that period of time, and since I'm going back to school, I figured I would try to lose weight and shed some pounds off my body because my martial arts class pretty much demands it.

You just need to understand that MFP works, as it inadvertently punished me mentally when I always ate junk food. If you can cut bad food out of your diet and have a higher calorie deficit than calorie gain, you'll lose that hundred pounds in no time.
  • SmurphyKU
    SmurphyKU Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey and welcome! My name is Sarah, I'm also 20 and in college, and also a vegetarian! Haha so much in common! Just added you!
  • ashtay6
    ashtay6 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey! My name's Ashley, I'm also in college and will add you!:)