The B shaped belly

Options

Replies

• Changeisachoice
    Changeisachoice Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hate my B belly! I am 5' 7 and currently 204 but i had it when I was at 160 many years ago. I figure that it will always be with me but perhaps I can minimize it byadding some core exercises.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    B is for belly. That's good enough for me.

And Boobs plus B Belly makes it triple B.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Buy a vowel.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • RhondaOnAJourney
    RhondaOnAJourney Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have one of those, a horrible flabby B shaped belly.

I see a lot of success stories with before and after pictures that include a lot of rounded tummys in the before photos but very rarely see the B.

Has anyone else got the B shape? why have we got this shape? or has anyone lost this B shape tummy and got themselves a lovely flat stomach?

Research body types (it sounds like you're an endomorph which means you need to eat less carbs and more protein and fat). I don't have a "B" belly, but I have a belly, but it's dwindling now that I know what I should be eating. I was clean eating like crazy, but I was eating too many carbs.

What.

Ludicrous

Why is this ludicrous? You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but I can speak from experience that since I've adjusted my macros to eat less (not NONE AT ALL, but less) carbs, I've lost an inch off my stomach. How is that ludicrous?
  • RhondaOnAJourney
    RhondaOnAJourney Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Here is great starting point. This person linked up some great articles. You can say it's ludicrous, but science is science.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740931-less-carb-more-fat
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Here is great starting point. This person linked up some great articles. You can say it's ludicrous, but science is science.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740931-less-carb-more-fat

Even the most basic research would reveal to you that this was discredited long ago. So yes, science is science.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

I see a lot of success stories with before and after pictures that include a lot of rounded tummys in the before photos but very rarely see the B.

Has anyone else got the B shape? why have we got this shape? or has anyone lost this B shape tummy and got themselves a lovely flat stomach?

Research body types (it sounds like you're an endomorph which means you need to eat less carbs and more protein and fat). I don't have a "B" belly, but I have a belly, but it's dwindling now that I know what I should be eating. I was clean eating like crazy, but I was eating too many carbs.

What.

Ludicrous

Why is this ludicrous? You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but I can speak from experience that since I've adjusted my macros to eat less (not NONE AT ALL, but less) carbs, I've lost an inch off my stomach. How is that ludicrous?

Carbs have their place in a diet, period. There are certainly times to get "more" and "fewer" carbs but it depends on the person and their goals. The ludicrous part is the body type garbage.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    ETA: ^ I believe I'm going to agree with that, a big belly is a big belly whether pregnancy shaped or "B" shaped or "P" shaped or "b" shaped or any other number of ways you want to look at it. Saying a person needs to eat a certain way and using a body shape as the excuse to me just sounds gimmicky and like a way to sell books. It would be like what if I walked outside and noticed that a whole bunch of men are muscular on top, but not on their legs and wrote a book claiming they can get results by adding raisins to their diet but only before bedtime on a full moon. It might sell. In that book I could also say, when you workout don't forget leg day. Then, I'd even have programmed in the results. I'd have a cult following of "raisin" dieters that would SWEAR that my theories worked and that I solved all their problems with my raisin diet. Doesn't make it true. Just makes me rich.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY ORIGINAL POST:
    I guess you could say I have a lot of weird letters going on in my body. They are all slimming down to my normal hourglass shape. I would venture to guess your shape will also return to whatever it was before you put on weight, or if you've never been thin whatever it was meant to be. I don't think any specific way of eating will affect your belly "shape" per se, but certainly it's size and thus the "shape" will naturally be a consequence of that.

I do however think that workouts will be important in getting the kind of look you want in that area as fast as possible and you'd be better off looking into tailoring those for your specific needs. Not necessarily expecting any exercise to target the fat loss in that area but find things that give you the effects in that area like stronger muscles (weights), stronger core (pilates/dance), longer leaner (pilates) etc. Good luck, don't focus on what you can't do, but what you CAN do. The rest will take care of itself, or if not, by the time you get there, you will be so motivated by your past success that finding solutions for trouble spots will seem totally doable and realistic. :flowerforyou:
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I have one of these too. I was never small, but I still had it when I was 150 in high school... still a long ways to go, though, so we'll see what happens with mine!
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I've also got the B belly and hate it!!! xx
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    B is for belly. That's good enough for me.

And Boobs plus B Belly makes it triple B.

Makes me an E
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I have one too but even worse because I've had 3 surgeries where I was cut from my belly button down so now my tummy folds in on its self vertically too...my stomach more or less looks like a butt :cry:
  • meidie1980
    meidie1980 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    B Belly Badness here :(
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I did. Now it's a b shape. Stage one is to remove the capitalisation. Then make it a l.
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have the same situation with my stomach and it bothers me so much because I've lost a good amount of weight and I feel like my stomach is jiggling even more (when the top part flaps over my jeans or the top flap covers my belly button). I've tried to find before and afters with B shaped bellies, but I can never find anything. Even when I was a really skinny pre-teen (about 90 lbs), I still had the B-Shape belly. I was very active but my stomach jiggled (the rest of me was very skinny). Right now I'm doing mostly strength training and HIIT cardio. I just have to be better with my eating habits.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options

What.

Ludicrous

You're taking in fewer calories, in general. Eating fewer carbs will not change the shape of your body. Eating fewer calories will.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I had a b belly when I was 5'1" and 120 pounds. Now that I'm significantly heavier than that it's a B, but I have no belief at all that I will ever have a flat belly. Even when I was young and a size 6 I didn't have a flat lower belly.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    People say you can't target tummy fat. However, I've read that the visceral fat (the fat inside the abdomen under the muscle) responds well to high intensity training. That has been my experience as well. However, if you have rolls of fat, then you have a lot of fat over the muscle as well. So basically, you just need to lose a lot of fat before you're going to get anywhere near a flat stomach. Even people with low body fat often have problems with this area. I know for me to have a flat stomach, I need to be at or below 16% body fat, which is a below the recommended percentage for a woman (20%-30%), and I need to maintain a very strict diet and exercise routine.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    hmmm... runs off to mirror to check.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Definitely have one, although I always lovingly referred to them as my upper and lower bulge. They're slowly decreasing, but I guess opposite of everyone else, my lower one is deflating first. The strange consequence of this is that the fat is folding over my belly button. Ugh. Can't wait for the weight to come off, but it will just take time.