Runtastic vs Endomondo - calories burned?

Options
2»

Replies

• ievasu
    ievasu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My situation is the exact opposite as most of you guys. Endomondo shows less calories burnt compared to other fitness apps. I used to run together with my boyfriend and he was tracking activities in Runkeeper. When I imported the same activities in Endomondo, it shows much more decent amount of calories. Now when we are jogging together my boyfriend always gets 50-100 more calories burnt than me! It might be due to our differences in weight, but 100 calorie difference is too much, isn't it??
  • KiwipowaRoo
    KiwipowaRoo Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Men burn more calories than women, so he should be burning more.
  • KiwipowaRoo
    KiwipowaRoo Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    And my HRM is about 20% lower than Endo, I just wish I knew which was reading better (apparently Garmin is often off). I guess I should try and get my vO2 max done...
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Try using Runkeeper. That seems to have been accurate for me.
  • vkazzRre
    Options
    Endomondo calculates gross calories from HRM.

Please upvote feature request to support nett calories on endomondo
    https://support.endomondo.com/hc/communities/public/questions/203290766-Request-for-nett-calories?
  • Ohliza
    Ohliza Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been using Runtastic and just added Endomondo today and had both running on my walk. Endo reported my average speed at 3.5mph and said I went 4 miles. RT reported 2.6 mph avg (sounds right as I was running up stairs some of the time, walking the rest) and 3.6 miles. Calories were 500 vs 700.

Wonder why so different?
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,717 Member
    Options
    I switched from Endomondo to Runtastic because the calorie burns seemed too high. I only use the app for walks, as I wear a HRM at the gym.