Needin' the MFP love.

Options
Hello, hello! I am writing with the hope that YOU might be my friend.

I've been logging on here regularly for months now. (I just broke a 100+ day streak thanks to out of town travel. Oops.) I regularly reply to people's progress. While the friends I have now are dandy, I need to add a few folks to my roster who are willing to give supportive feedback (maybe a little more than "WTG.")

Here's a smidge of info about me. I am a 35 year-old married, childless woman. I have lived in New Orleans (where I grew up), Asheville, NC; Ann Arbor, MI; State College, PA; and now Greenville, SC. I am a graduate student, working on a Ph.D. in Higher Education. (Yes, it is a field of study.) I travel a fair amount and enjoy eating while on my travels. Thanks to my husband's heritage (he is Indian) and my New Orleans upbringing food is a central activity in our household. When I cook, I eat well, which for me means rarely eating processed foods, loading up on fruits and veggies, and not being afraid to use spices in my food. My weakness is sweets, which is something I am actively trying to curb. I also try to allow for an icy cold beer now and then.

That being said, my goal is to lose 15 pounds. Technically, I am not overweight. Rather, I am on the high end of "normal weight." I use a Fitbit religiously and get in about 3 cardio workouts a week. That will change shortly in that I am preparing for a half-marathon in September and a full marathon in October. (I still consider myself a beginning runner despite having run a handful of 5Ks, two halfs, and one full.) I also enjoy spin class and the occasional weight lifting session. Eventually, I'd like to be back to a size 6 and obliterate the idea of a size 10. Right now, I am not gaining, but I am also not losing.

I really enjoy MFP and am looking forward to expanding my group of MFP friends. I hope this message finds you well--whoever you are and wherever you are.

(Wow. This was a nice opportunity for reflection on my goals. Congratulations on making it to the end of my narrative. Ha.)

Replies