NSV - Intimacy with no shame/insecurity

Options
sweetpea03b
sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
First of all, I apologize if you are offended or think this is TMI... but I thought sharing such a small victory might bring some hope to other ladies that have been in my shoes before.

My husband and I have been married for 5 years... and whether it was life getting in the way, the 5 year slump... or whatever. We have had very little intimate contact with each other in the last year or so. Since I came back on MFP and I'm working out... I've lost 5# already and I'm feeling more confident in myself.. in my body... and in the future I will have with a slimmer, sexier me... we've found our love life again. It's kind of dumb because I haven't lost that much weight yet but just knowing i'm trying... just knowing I will... and maybe the confidence I get from working out has changed our relationship.

I just wanted to share my story with the other ladies... and maybe men out there. Keep going with your weightloss journey and working on "you" and everything else will fall into place.

Replies

• keenho
    keenho Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I wish you continued success in reaching to attain your goals and in rekindling your intimate relationship with your husband. He's a lucky guy.
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I hope I get some of that confidence eventually!
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    It's an awesome NSV! There's nothing like getting your mojo back. :)

I got mine back, but unfortunately my husband is still stuck in a rut. However, since starting MFP a few weeks ago he's admitted he's gotten 5% of it back. So it's a start! LOL. :)

Congratulations!!!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    It's one of the best benefits of being fitter!
  • becausebrittany
    becausebrittany Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is so so so true. My hubby and I had been dating 5 years before we got married...and over the past couple years when I really gained weight, I stopped feeling sexy and stopped wanting my hubby to see me without clothes on, so it certainly impacted our relationship. Working out, losing weight, and just feeling healthy helps SO MUCH. A measly 4 pounds for myself has made me feel amazing, just knowing that there will be more coming off in the future. Here's to us!
  • whitterbugkru
    Options
    I really hope to get to this point. Over the last year I've become more and more insecure around him intimately, and it's one goal to get back to where we were when we first started dating ;) Great job, you have fun tonight!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!