The College Aftermath : Life After College - Please Read !

Options
meaghan2008
meaghan2008 Posts: 401 Member
Hey everyone !!! Meaghan here and just recently graduated from undergrad ( 2 days ago ) ! Losing weight in college was a struggle but now I'm starting to think...how am I going to still be motivated and on track now that I have graduated? So this post is basically a post FOR ANYONE who needs a helping hand like me to keep motivated and on track and lose these lbs !!!!

I'm Meaghan btw :) Feel free to add me !

Replies

• Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi, nice to meet you and congratulation on your graduation. I'll send a friend request. I think that logging on this site has helped me a lot. I realize how many calories are in certain things and it's motivating to have your MFP friends comment on your workouts.
  • chrisdotcomm
    chrisdotcomm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your graduation! I just graduated a few weeks ago and am running into a similar concern. I've found that creating a competitive atmosphere with friends or family is what keeps me motivated. I'm not necessarily talking about a weight loss competition, but some sort of ongoing fitness competition to hold each other accountable.

I don't live near my family, but my two older sisters, my mother, and I each have the Striiv app on our phones, which counts your steps throughout the day (and syncs with MFP). The cool thing about it is that we can see how many steps the other has in real time, which I've found motivates me to walk around more often.

Good luck!

Chris
  • megbee617
    megbee617 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi meaghan, this is also meghan :)

I gained all my weight in college (graduated 2010), and let me tell you, it is soooo much easier getting on track when you're not surrounded by crappy cafeteria food, loads of alcohol (that has calories too!) and late-night mcdonald's runs. Much of my eating schedule revolves around work, and once you find your first post-graduation job, you'll get into a regular routine and it'll be easier to make healthy food and exercise choices a part of that. Good luck! I'll be sending you a friend request!
  • Raybug0903
    Raybug0903 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Congrats on graduating! This is an exciting time in your life. I graduated from undergrad one year ago and am now in grad school and will graduate in May of 2014. I have found that it is easier to keep track of things now than in my undergrad days. The alcohol was the hardest part. Staying up late and getting hungry didn't help either! Good luck.
  • Marzipan91
    Marzipan91 Posts: 46
    Options
    Hey Meaghan! I graduated a week ago and am in the same boat. It would be great to have some new friends on this site for support. :)