23y/o College Student Need Accountability

Options
Hi All,

I haven't really posted anything on the boards before, but I've been an occasional lurker for the past 6 months I've been using MFP. I started using MFP regularly in Nov '12, after I weighed myself at 312lbs and realized I really needed to buckle down or I'd spend the rest of my life overweight. I lost weight pretty fast, but I've hit a plateau at around 265lbs for the past two months and really need to add some folks on here so I can have some accountability!

A little about me:
Male, 23, single (the kids in my pic are my baby sisters, haha), IT professional and full time college student.
Height: 6'4"
SW: 312lbs
CW: 266lbs
GW: 215lbs

I really want to keep up with progress, but I know that my lack of clean eating has been what has stalled my weight loss. I'm diving back in this week, so anyone who wants to add me for accountability please do!

Replies

• ShadowsProve
    ShadowsProve Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jandjcassidy
    jandjcassidy Posts: 143
    Options
    sent a friend request!! :)
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Great success so far!
  • kpepin3
    kpepin3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great job so far! I'm also a student in college (nursing school on my end!), so I can relate. Feel free to add me :)
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    sent a request, I'm trying to eat more clean too to avoid sodium but man it's in everything!
  • spikemcgerk
    Options
    curious how you lost the weight so quickly. wtg! did you do low fat diet along with exercise?
  • ShadowsProve
    Options
    curious how you lost the weight so quickly. wtg! did you do low fat diet along with exercise?

I really just tried to stick around 2000 calories and worked out a lot. I don't really worry about fat, but try to eat as clean as I can.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Welcome, man. Fellow 23 year old student here. Feel free to add!
  • juniperleaves
    Options
    Hey there! I'm here for support whenever you need it! Feel free to add, if you like. :)
  • greedymilkshake
    Options
    Hey! I'm a 23 y/o recent college grad, turning 24 in 2 weeks! Sent you a friend request, I'd like some more friends on here too for accountability. I'm doing C25K now along with using MFP, it's really challenging because I'm not really a runner but I love trying out new things.
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hey there -

I'm a 23 y/o nursing new grad - well, not so new. I graduated a year ago, but I still don't really know what I'm doing :)

Feel free to add me - I've only got one friend on here! I've been using the app for about a month now, but I didn't even realize there was this whole online community thing until very recently.

I've got a ways to go myself, another 48 pounds (at least). I hopped on the scale for my yearly physical a few months back and found myself at 268 - I was mortified. I hadn't realized what nursing school did to my eating habits (15hr days minimum, never an actual lunch break, waking up too early to have breakfast, stuffing my face while studying and NEVER having time to work out).

It takes a lot to get out of that student mindset, but it's definitely possible. My mission right now is just to eat cleaner, too. I'm pretty sure I made it through undergrad without eating a single vegetable! Which is...kind of embarrassing lol
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am always looking to support others and be supported. I am a 24 year old elementary school teacher.
  • dearfitdiary
    Options
    Anyone, feel free to add me as a friend. I am also a college student. My goal is to eat as clean as possible. My diet is the only reason why I have trouble losing weight and/or keeping it off. I love working out, I just need to watch what I eat and make sure I don't go too low on my calories.
  • ShadowsProve
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the adds everyone! I'm so glad to finally have some friends on here, haha.
  • SmurphyKU
    SmurphyKU Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Just requested you.. I'm 20 and also a college student! Anyone feel free to add me!
  • soxford12
    soxford12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new on my fitness pal! I am a nursing student (lvn to rn) and just had a baby 2 months ago! I am looking for friends also. I started the c25k and I have completed my first week 2nd day.
  • sammie12186
    Options
    I would also love some friends on here for accountability as well! Im also a student (nursing) and a new mommie...i have always been a heavy girl but now im real heavy after ive had my baby...im terrible at starting a fitness plan and never following thru so im determined to follow thru and get healthy! Please feel free to add me