Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    dcknp.gif
  • Beautifulreflections
    Beautifulreflections Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Are they going to stay on it forever? Chances are pretty slim that your friends will maintain their weight loss UNLESS they have a mind switch while on Herbalife and start paying attention to the real food they ingest. Which probably could happen.

IDK...Herbalife wasn't for me. I did it for a little bit (I didn't have to pay for it, my employer was doing it and decided to cover it for me so he wouldn't be in misery alone is my guess) and lost a little bit but as soon as the shakes stopped and real food came into the picture the loss went away. Not alot, because at that point I was still tracking my calories but still...goes to show calories in vs. calories out is where its at, whether it be by food or shakes.

To each their own I suppose.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    14. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising

a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to; posts that contain links to offsite blog posts and social media. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.
    b) Requests or solicitations for donations are also not allowed. This includes requesting contributions to “pooled fund” competitions, requests for votes in any venue (online contests, etc.), and even requests for charitable contributions. As you can imagine, we have a lot of people who would like to raise money for worthy causes through the site. As much as we'd like to support these causes, if we were to allow requests for donations, the forums would quickly become full of such requests which would take away from the main purpose of the forums - to support one another.
    c) Posts or messages to members promoting websites that compete with MyFitnessPal are also prohibited.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    My opinion: it just gives a placebo effect.

If it makes you feel good taking it and you're willing to pay, then more power to you.

It wouldn't had worked for me nor did I need it to lose about 90 lbs. To each their own, though.

Good luck!
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I tried Herbalife and lost 14lbs the first month. I was consuming nearly 900 calories a day while drinking those stupid shakes. So of course I binged, and gained most of that weight back (which happens to most people on a low calorie diet like that).

Don't waste your money on liquid, when you can eat real food and lose weight in more healthy and attainable way.

For those to currently sell or love Herbalife so much, wait until you get hit with the reality bus :drinker:

ETA: grammar mistake
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Herbalife works because the Herbalife products are the highest quality nutrition you could feed your cells on a daily basis
    FAD!!! You need to live on real food not shakes

Nope. Apparently, Herbalife is better than food.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Yes and yes. All herba life does is replace meals with protein shakes. You can do that yourself for way cheaper.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    e77eb1e4167b4f81ddf54d3804de0c176bf33ab23f7e2f791f661453293fbca9.jpg
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    You can achieve the same results by working whole foods into your diet and nutrition needs. All Herbalife does is help you lose money while the weight falls off. Everyone I know who's fallen for it immediately gained all of the weight back when they started eating again.

Sustainability is key. Focus on that, unless you want to drink nasty chalk-shakes (I tried one on sample once) for the rest of your life.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    12-herbalife1.png
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    No.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Yes and yes. All herba life does is replace meals with protein shakes. You can do that yourself for way cheaper.

yeah, but dont.

food FTW.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I'm wanting to try it myself but is it just another corporate company making money off something I can easily make at home at a smaller price??

The reason a few people lose weight ans stick with it is because it is easy and accessible. Everything about the program can be had for free, and it only takes a bit more effort to prep some food, count calories, and really understand health and fitness. I wouldn't knock something that helps a person attain better health, but in your context, since you pretty much already know you can do the same at home and for less money, you would probably buy in then be disenchanted quickly.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    Options
    As a Herbalife distributor I am often asked the question ‘Does Herbalife Work?’ Or another variation on that is the question ‘Tell me how Herbalife works to improve health.’

Both are great questions and my response is always the same. ‘I’m glad you asked! Let me tell you!’
    Does Herbalife Work

Herbalife products have been working for tens of millions of people from all around the world for more than 30 years.

When you understand how the Herbalife products work inside your body it is no surprise that Herbalife has become the number 1 weight loss and nutrition company in the world.

Now I could go into the MILLIONS of testimonials that Herbalife have ON FILE but I know that you want the science… the biological explanation that answers your ‘Does Herbalife Work’ question, so I am just going to give you my standard presentation to that question.
    How Herbalife Works To Improve Health

The human body is made up of MILLIONS of tiny micro cells. And if you were to look at the cells under a microscope you would find that they are made up of 6 main ingredients.

1) Water – 61.8% approx
    2) Proteins – 16.6% approx
    3) Oils/Fats – 14.9% approx
    4) Vitamins
    5) Minerals
    6) Carbohydrates/Sugars/Glucose

This is what the cells need for survival.

If the cells are to regenerate as an exact replica of the cells you have now, they would need the exact same foods that made them in the first place to be consumed. Unfortunately due to our lifestyle, diets and habits, we are continuously regenerating inferior copy’s of our cells.

But by if you were to improve the nutritional intake in your daily diet, it is possible to regenerate healthier cells than the cells you currently have that make up your body.

Herbalife works because the Herbalife products are the highest quality nutrition you could feed your cells on a daily basis, with the least amount of calories. Therefor you are able to reduce excess fat simply because your body is burning more calories than it is consuming, while at the same time seeing major improvements in the health of your hair, skin, nails and muscles.

At a cellular level you start to look and feel better and slow down aging because you are now reproducing better quality cells than the ones being replaced.

Yes Herbalife does work.

Get started on your health today with herbalife.

So you're telling me proccessed crap that shouldn't even be considered food is what our body needs at a cellular level? Do you actually make money with that nonsense?
  • p00ki3nb00
    p00ki3nb00 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have used Herbalife for 3 Years, I lost some weight in the beginning, but now I have been eating right and watching my calorie intake and SUGAR! And Am down over 100pounds without Herbalife. You can buy just about any other Protein shake out there that will keep you full and less sugar for Half the cost if not less!
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You know what really works.....

Diet and exercise. There is NO magic pill or quick fix. Hard work and determination
  • JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Your bank account will lose weight w/ herbalife faster than you will.... :wink:
  • beautifulwarrior18
    Options

yeah, but dont.

food FTW.

I didnt say it was a good idea lol. Just answered her question.

Smoothies, not shakes are the way to go.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

yeah, but dont.

food FTW.

I didnt say it was a good idea lol. Just answered her question.

Smoothies, not shakes are the way to go.

what do we consider wendys frosties?
    i dont usually "drink them", so is it ice cream?
    but i do always dip my fries in it...so it's a dip, right?

HALP!