Protein

shaymh
shaymh Posts: 7
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi All,

I am relatively new and have a question. I seem to go over on my protein everyday. After lunch, I am already over for my protein for the day, should I be concerned? I did Weight Watchers a couple of years ago with success and they always preached eating protein in order to feel full. Thoughts? Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Replies

• louloup
    louloup Posts: 87 Member
    Reset your profile to include more protein. Go to settings and select custom settings. You can change to whatever you want.

I have mine set at 40/40/20 carbs protein fats other people have theirs 50/30/20.

Whatever MFP says I try and eat 20-25 grams of protein at every meal and i eat 5-6 times a day. I am never starving and never too full.

It works for me .

Good luck :)
  • vinjama
    vinjama Posts: 52
    you only need to eat enough protien to support your lean body mass, not your body weight. Unless you're working out lifting weights or some other high intensity training, you would need to eat more so your muscles use it to repair.

Find out your body fat % and subtract that number from your weight to find out your lean body mass. It doesnt hurt to go over a few grams. What your body dont need gets flushed down the toilet.
  • Bean5
    Bean5 Posts: 84 Member
    I think they stress that to make sure you are getting your calories from foods that are going to help keep you full and build/re-build muscle after exercise.
    I don't know if you should be concerned but depending on how that's affecting your calorie count maybe stretch some of those protein-rich foods out over the day to make sure you don't get hungry late afternoon/evening....
This discussion has been closed.