Ear ache when exercising

Options
So I get a painful ear ache when I'm exercising. It's not just when I'm outside, but it happens in the gym too. It only happens when I'm doing a cardio workout, so running, using the cross trainer, rowing machine, cycling, etc. I've heard of people having ear aches when they're running, but I've never heard of anyways to help it.

Does anyone have any tips to alleviate ear aches?

Also, it happens with or without earbuds.

Replies

• bfinup
    bfinup Posts: 47
    Options
    I've had this constantly since I started the police academy in January. I have no input other than that it sucks.
  • Woolified
    Woolified Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You are not alone, my husband and I both get plugged up, painful ears when we are doing Insanity. No fun, but it usually subsides afterwards. :o(
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    OMG! Thought I was the only person with this! Asked the trainer at my gym about it and he looked at me like I was a freak. Mentioned it to my DR and he gave me a similar look.
    I deal with it just like being on an airplane. I make like I am swallowing until it goes away.
    Affects me only when weight training. The more I push the worse it is. Has not yet bothered me while running.
    Would LOVE to know if anyone has any info on this.
  • Meecro128
    Meecro128 Posts: 20
    Options
    I've googled and googled and haven't found anything for why or how to help it!

At least I'm not the only one! :p