I really don't liek headlines

Winter0916
Winter0916 Posts: 80
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
:ohwell:

So I was told I should introduce myself, I wasn't going to but I figured I should, that way I probably meet people that would encourage me to saty on track. So recently I realized that I can no longer do these yo-yo diets that work for about 2 months. I need to do something for me and make it to 30 not only thinner but healthy. I am 29 years old, 5'8 and weight 200 lbs. A lot of people tell me there is no way I weight that much, I just can't believe I allowed myself to get this point. I don't really look 200 until I am naked, and all the pretty clothes and nice shoes are off. I want to feel pretty even when I am naked. My goal is 165 lbs, I remember how comfortable I felt there. Anything below that makes my head look really big, since I have too much hair, and curly at that. I would like to be at LEAST 185 by July 23, 2010 since I have a big event coming up (no am not getting married). Okay people that's it for now, it was suppsoed to be an introduction and now I feel like Renee Zwelleger in the Diary of Bridgette Jones.

Good luck to you all!

Replies

• blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    welcome, this is no yo yo diet this is a lifestyle change!
    I have done every yo yo diet possible, from Jenny Craig to Dr Bs the HCG diet, them all, and this is the only way I have made it all work from this site here!

:flowerforyou:
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    nah. not in the least :)
    you've set your goals, you've put them out in the universe, now you join in and DO! :)

you can do it. and hey, if you want to use the Bridget Jones analogy, Renee Zelwegger is a very fit hot woman, which is what you aspire to be. so there ya go :)

Good luck!
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Welcome to MFP. This site will get you on the right track to a healthy lifestyle that works for you. There are a lot of people on here with some great advice and tips to help you along the way. We just started a no Fast Food Challenge today if you feel that is something you're interested in. The thread is under Food and Nutrition.
  • Winter0916
    Thanks so much for your words. I am really excited about this site and i believe if I stick to it this is really going to help!
  • Anely05
    Anely05 Posts: 15
    You are so cute! And seriously...I would never guess you weighed 200lbs!!! For real! I'm 5'9" and I'm 253! It's crazy! I remember I was 160-170 in High School and looked great so that's my goal weight. A couple of years ago I did reach 289! But like you said we need to get serious and do it for our health! ^_^
  • Winter0916
    So do know that I promise to HARRASS you everyday, in sickness and health and french fries do us part!! I am determined girl, once and for all!
  • Anely05
    Anely05 Posts: 15
    LOL!!! Ditto!!!!
This discussion has been closed.