NO FAST FOOD JUNE CHALLENGE!

Options
Ryhenblue
Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
For those of you that have been doing this challenge since it was started this will start our 3rd month with no Fast Food. Congratulations on 2 months without eating Fast Food. Anyone is welcome in joining me in this challenge. Good luck this month.

EDIT: Fast Food Restaurants and Delivery Pizza are what we are trying to avoid this month. Subway is allowed. One person mentioned that they were giving up Lattes last month, this would also be good. The less we spend on junk the more money we have to spend on healthy food.

Replies

• MrsE2010
    MrsE2010 Posts: 63
    Options
    Hey! I've been doing this for myself for the past week. I would love to join in on your challenge and be held accountable. It will only help me. Thanks for posting.
  • MrsE2010
    Options
    Cool profile pic!
    For those of you that have been doing this challenge since it was started this will start our 3rd month with no Fast Food. Congratulations on 2 months without eating Fast Food. Anyone is welcome in joining me in this challenge. Good luck this month.
  • Nlongenecker
    Nlongenecker Posts: 765
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge. Anything I need to know, other than the obvious...like when do you post, what do you post?
  • Ryhenblue
    Options
    Cool profile pic!

Thank you and welcome to the Challenge.
  • Ryhenblue
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge. Anything I need to know, other than the obvious...like when do you post, what do you post?

I'd post if you gave in and ate Fast Food this month or at the end of the month telling everyone you made it without Fast Food.
  • tristan83
    tristan83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have been trying to avoid it with great success so this will make it more like a game and hopefully knock it out for good. :smile:
  • SoonToBeThinCyn
    Options
    This is a great challenge! I'm in! This should be interesting since my oven is broke right now. I'll just have to be creative! Stovetop, microwave, toaster oven, grill....
  • MrsE2010
    Options
    Wow! I had a really bad week last week. It just seemed to snowball. I missed several meals and went for the quick and easy fast food every time. Now, I'm trying to get back on track. So far this week is much better. Hope I can stay on the wagon! :tongue:
  • MrsE2010
    Options
    Not very many recent posts? Is anyone else like me and finding this challenge really difficult? I didn't realize how addicted I am to the convenience of fast food! I definitely need this challenge.
  • Ryhenblue
    Options
    I think no posts in this thread is a good sign. I'm hoping it means we're all doing good staying away from fast food. I agree that fast food is really convenient and that's why it's hard for some to give up. When I think about eating fast food I just ask myself will I feel good after eating it? The answer is always no. I do order a hamburger and fries sometimes when I go out to eat at restaurants. I find that it curbs my cravings and keeps me away from the drive thru.

Keep up the great job your body will thank you.
  • MrsE2010
    Options
    Ok so I've learned that weekends are my weakest moments when it comes to fast food. i'm trying to cook enough during the week so I have leftovers to last me all weekend. I don't like to cook on weekends. I'm a work in progress - what can I say?:wink:
  • Ryhenblue
    Options
    So I broke down and had an Arby's Beef and Cheddar today. I'm in the middle of nowhere (about 3hrs outside of Denver) driving to go shopping today and the only thing around for lunch is Fast Food. I haven't had fast food since March so I figured why not have what I really want since I'm stopping for it any way. The Beef and Cheddar wouldn't have been bad if that was the only thing today but I stopped at Chillies for Dinner also. The sandwich wasn't bad but Chillies was very salty to me.