People In/Around Spanish Speaking Area/Country

Options
sblim
sblim Posts: 99
For the people that may live outside the USA or England, is there anyone out there that currently lives or spends a lot of time (traveling or what not) in a Spanish speaking part of the world? I'm only curious if I'm the only one (Peru).

If so, where and do you have problems finding local food items in MFP or translating some things?

Replies

• KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My sister just joined this website (by my encouragement) although she uses Sparkpeople because she doesn't like this site apparently, lol. But she is from California and living in Lima!
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I will email her your post and see what she says....
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I am from Bolivia and cook Bolivian dinners and it is hard to make a recipe on her so I just break down all the ingredients. Its a lot of work but I love this site.
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    My husband is from Colombia, and he was just asking me yesterday if this site would work for Spanish speakers because he has some friends back home who want to lose weight. I guess you could use google translate, but finding the local food items is sometimes difficult. I can eventually find calorie counts for some of the yummy foods we eat at home, but that takes some research and you usually have to search for the names in English. I did find pandebono in the MFP search engine this week. But I had a hard time finding guandules.

Do you know of any similar sites like this in Spanish?
  • sblim
    sblim Posts: 99
    Options
    Yeah, it is almost impossible to find many of the dishes that I could typically eat on any given day though you are right, one can guess and search for ingredients which I do as well though I've noticed huge differences in some of the fruit/vege sizes. Peru is truly blessed with the amount of flora that it has.

I was just wondering how many Spanish speaking people were on the boards and it seems there aren't that many!

I've never looked for any Spanish nutrition sites and I bet there probably aren't many. The Univision.com forums might be a good place to ask.